Producing Question

I have a question on film producing:
I am recently thinking about this career. I just searched and searched, and just want a little more info on it!
I wanted to know a little more about it. Do you have to actually be with the "movie in making"?
Or could we do it long distances, and get Emails from everyone, or IM?
Thanks,
Arnack

Arnack said:
I am talking about producing, not directing. How do I learn how to "PRODUCE" if I don't go to college?
I want to go to college for something.

I know nothing about producing, but may I suggest that if your interest in producing only because you want to go to college, then don't limit your options to producing. Try and get some experience in producing to see whether it is something you would enjoy enough to warrant studing at uni for.

Adding to that, I don't know of a school that offers a degree in "TV/Film Producing". They might offer "Production", but that is tailored towards the route Directorik outlined. If you get an accounting degree then you will have some valuable skills to guide you towards producing.

I also have to agree with knightly. You gotta learn the rules before you can really start playing the game.

The bottom line is; If you're producing, then it's YOUR money on the line (or your rep for the lenders) do you want to KNOW what your money is going for or trust that the filmakers will be responsible with it?

Your call.

Back