• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Prelude: The Return of George Kramer (Looking for movie reviews!)

Hello everyone! We're TripleBStudios, and we specialize in trying to make the best Z-Movies (zero budget) we possibly can! We are very much inspired by Ed Wood and his wonderful exploits, as well as other schlock from yesteryear. All of these influences led us to create a character we named George Kramer, and we are currently making a film series about him.

This film is a short subject that leads directly into an upcoming feature film currently in the works. We'd love to hear feedback from anybody willing to watch! (VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWBahg-DVA

CREDITS

Jack Estes - George Kramer
Aaron Magulick - Jim O'Malley
Jesse Miniard - Stan O'Mann
Dylon Theobald - Scott Carson

Directed and edited by Adam Thomas
Filmed by Nick Brubaker

Based on characters by Adam Thomas and Nick Brubaker

I watched less than two minutes. Sorry!

The acting was bad, the sound was worse and the mask just didn't make sense to me. There was no way I was going to be able to watch the other 12+ minutes...

If you watched less than two minutes, I don't think your criticism is valid. The film goes on to explain the mask. Of course, if you can't stomach Z-grade film, I don't think the GK series would be for you!

That is true AnywherebutHollywood. But let it be known that with our movies, we're not letting them be no budget features on purpose, none of us really have the money to get decent equipment or have a budget to make a flashy looking film. And none of us are really good actors, but we're doing all that we can. We don't really have any choice but to make Z-movies.

Our movies are not going to be liked by the majority, I know that. But I think that they do hold a charm all in there own. I think we crafted a pretty good story with the series, and we're really excited to film more. Of course, everybodies opinion is going to be different. Regardless, I thank all you guys for at least watching the movie! That's all we really want, is for people to see it. And the most important thing that I think is really obvious is that in the movie, all of us are having great fun. It's not going to be a masterpiece, but for all the effort we put into it, I think it came out fine!

Thanks again everybody who has watched it! We really appreciate it.

A few actual notes, however:
1) Try to avoid recording the wind on your mics (or at least fix it while editing).
2) When an actor stumbles over a line, use a different take - or try to fix the audio via editing.
3) Try to avoid expositional monologue (e.g., "Well, I guess it's time to head on home.")

Bonus notes:
4) What were those guys doing in the playground? Seems a bit incongruous for such edgy characters.
5) You could do a lot of trimming (probably by at least half) to improve the pace.
6) If you're going for Z-grade exploitation, go for it! Blood doesn't cost much. Just get some Karo syrup and food dye. (Yeah, I know, there's that one flashback scene, but it feels like you're wimping out in the other bits.)

Just my .02.

(P.S. - The most natural moment is at the very end, when the character laughs and says "I'm coming for you, old man... I'm coming.")

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all the tips! The wind is our most dangerous enemy when recording these shorts. Do you have any tips on how to get rid of that? Simply mute the actual sound in the video and redub everything later on maybe?

Again, thanks a lot! We're definitely going to go a much more "bloodier" route with our next movie!

Ps, the playground was the only area we could find that was wide open; in hind sight, there probably was another area or two we could of used. It is quite odd! lol

That's probably going to be the route we go. We're also going to be recording our own soundtrack to the next one, so that will fill up a lot of the dead space that was in the Prelude. It's all about experience and we learned a lot filming the last one! I'm sure the sequel is going to come out much better. We're gonna put our all into it!

Back