please advice, does the scene work or not?

It is a killing scene from my movie and I am not sure should I keep it or reshoot it.

I broke every rule of DSLR shooting in the start so I am not really sure does it look cool or not. I have option to reshoot the whole scene, then it will be a simple knife attack with blood in the apartment.

So please advice, here is the link:

(There are no subtiles, but the only thing he says is: "What kind of coffee do you like")

You can see the clip in youtube:

Thanks for advice, I think I will keep this scene in the movie, but in shortened form.

Last edited:
It doesn't look bad, but I'd have to see it with the whole short film or the scenes before and after it to judge. It might interrupt the scene and not flow, or it could connect the scene.

But yeah, not bad :cool:

thanks, it does worry me that does it actually fit with the rest of the movie,

it is extremely fast cut and rest of the movie has much slower cuts, around 5 seconds.

But in the same time this is the first killing in the movie so it might work as a suprizing effect.

Sometimes having really fast cuts during a dramatic scene, where as the rest of the movie is slow cut can work. Some Hollywood movies have done that. I feel that this one had way too many cuts though, and it looked like I was seeing the same ones over again, unless they were similar.

Back