• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Photo gallery of the latest project "Paperclip"

In collaboration with "Four Square Productions" and "Flight Creative Media", "YAFI Underground Productions"... "Paperclip" is a teenage mystery thriller shot over 8 days and we're entering into post production.

The 25 page script should end up as a 20-30 page short. I'm really proud of the footage we captured. I'm sharing a couple of the photos here and a link to the facebook photo gallery for the rest I put up.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150456608155379.410912.122500620378&type=3&saved

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 5.05.29 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 5.08.53 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 5.24.36 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 10.36.35 PM.jpg

Oh, and these are uncorrected frame grabs from the Canon D7 we had the pleasure to shoot with. I actually got to use the most light I've ever used on a single shot (7100 watts, the sun on a reshoot was covered, so I had to recreate the effect of the sunlight on the background of the shot).

Late afternoon indirect sunlight, bank of plateglass windows frame left. Flourescent fixtures in the hallway in the ceiling. Catchlights in the eyes are probably from a 1K fresnel behind the camera left and high (see chin and nose shadows for position. Camera White balanced to tungsten preset to keep the background cool. and 1k gelled with a bit of CTO (1/4 ?) and diffusion to account for the white balance and bring a bit of warmth to the skin tones.

Late afternoon indirect sunlight, bank of plateglass windows frame left. Flourescent fixtures in the hallway in the ceiling. Catchlights in the eyes are probably from a 1K fresnel behind the camera left and high (see chin and nose shadows for position. Camera White balanced to tungsten preset to keep the background cool. and 1k gelled with a bit of CTO (1/4 ?) and diffusion to account for the white balance and bring a bit of warmth to the skin tones.

sweet! THANKS!

Thanks all, I may end up cutting this, it's been brought up. I wouldn't mind coloring it as well.

Oh, and all of the shots (after a certain point and some strong "suggestions" on my part) were either tungsten or daylight presets, no custom white balance on the camera. Then I altered the color of the lights to get what we wanted for color around the frame. I recommend this across the board. I no longer white balance other than the two presets on any camera I shoot with. Filters and gels are your friends and make cutting so much easier as all the footage magically matches :)

Here's some quick coloring tests to experiment a little with what I can do with this footage (keep in mind, this is from the SD Vimeo footage as an MP4... we have full 1080p24 footage to work with :) It's encoded in Prores 422 for me!

Screen shot 2011-11-22 at 11.29.20 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-11-22 at 11.46.47 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-11-23 at 12.05.09 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-11-22 at 11.37.22 PM.jpg

As a producer of Paperclip I am pleased with the comments on Indietalk. Cole is always a great guy to have on set. I'm sure Cole will post more pictures as time allows.

Back