• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Our advertisement, "Embrace life"

Hey guys,

We've just submitted our material for a website where huge brands from across the globe ask film-makers to create their commercials, with the chosen applicants' work to be aired at the forefront of their campaign, in our case the USA. The brand is "Bounty kitchen towels". The link is below.

600 miles of traveling, 1 broken Canon 5D mark II, 22 hour shooting day, we have our advert.

http://www.poptent.net/media/14908

I believe others have participated before, so it's the whole "Watch it, and if you like, like it"

It's something we've never attempted before, we had fun, and the final product isn't bad.

Cheers to those who take the time to watch it, I'll still love those who don't, so don't ya'll worry.

Daniel

Last edited:
It was cool man I enjoyed it. Looked like a lot of fun!

I'm not trying to critique but two reasons I think you might not win 1. because it wasn't filmed in the U.S. and its for a U.S. ad campaign. 2. would just be you really only saw the towels twice and I wasn't left thinking about the towels, I was left wondering why they didn't write on the balloon, and why the heck did it slowly glide into her hands.

Just to be clear, neither of those comments are at all about me not liking it. I truly did like it I, just the two possible snags for your ad. I know quite a bit about marketing only reason I said that.

Anyways nice work and a fun watch if you win or lose :D !

P.S. I'm not sure where to vote it says still pending submission. Does that mean I cannot vote yet? (always down to help a fellow forumer/film maker!)

It’s beautiful work.

If you are interested:

* There is a pop in the audio at like 3 seconds in. (Might be the website though.)

* It would have been nice to cut from the Smeared Face Woman sooner.
To me it feels like you leave us hanging a moment or two too long before we see who did it.

* What looks like cigarettes for sale behind The Clerk is not a good idea.

* I didn't catch a theme or hook or story except the ballon.

*I wish you would have featured the product (Branding) much more, at least three times.

Overall it’s a nice piece with beautiful work within it, and not that far off at all
from a commerical I would see any day on TV.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Thanks for watching L.I.F.E. I really appreciate it.

Your points are extremely valid, i welcome critique in abundance, especially as it's a US ad. Like i said, I'm a first flier in advertisements, sure i know a lot about marketing, but i guess my narrative habit has somewhat over-powered the brand.

Cheers again for taking a look! :D

Daniel

Hopefully you can PM me when I can vote or even like? I couldn't seem to find the button or anything of the sort to say I liked it or endorsed it. :huh:

Thanks buddy!

I can only say my untrained ears missed the pop, cheers Bud. I too would have cut after the woman laughing, but i was out-voted, democracy. Hands up and say I'm riding a rough wave with the cigarettes, they'll no doubt be pointed out, which is fair.

I believe I've played on the motto, rather than the brand in this case. I was supposed to display an overall joyous ambiance, as the guy journeys to the recipient of the letter, we delve into homes, stores, cafes and see that others too are embracing life.

But for a minute, it's a long shot, unless mastered or indeed further along in the craft than I.

Thanks so much for watching it Buddy!

I believe you have to log-in, there is link in the top right-hand corner which allows you to like via facebook, twitter, youtube.

Let me know if it's giving you beans!

Although, if this still doesn't work, it may be a problem with the server, alot of submissions still say "Pending submission". The matter has been addressed by the boards, that the videos are eligible. Sorry for fuss man!

It’s a ton of work and a lot of miles and some serious gear sacrifice, but man I would be damn proud of this. There is appealing style to it on several levels. I can see the elements or paths of beautiful filmmaking, compelling music video shooting and endearing commercial creation.

Have you ever seen the video for “Mr. Blue” (Catherine Feny)?
It kind of reminded me of that. (Which is a good thing to me.)

-Thanks-

I agree with buddy man, it was amazing, just not as a commercial.

Did you just write a bunch of scribbles on a balloon or did that actually say stuff?

It’s a ton of work and a lot of miles and some serious gear sacrifice, but man I would be damn proud of this. There is appealing style to it on several levels. I can see the elements or paths of beautiful filmmaking, compelling music video shooting and endearing commercial creation.

Have you ever seen the video for “Mr. Blue” (Catherine Feny)?
It kind of reminded me of that. (Which is a good thing to me.)

-Thanks-

Jeez Bud, thanks so much, it really means a whole lot to us.

I've just checked out "Mr.Blue". It's so damn sweet. I certainly see your trail of thought. Smile music.

Daniel

When I click on the "play" button, a message appears "Sorry, This Media Was Not Found."

:(

Am I doing something wrong?

It's working fine, it seems. Perhaps try the link in a alternative browser, or open and close the web page. I'm completely new to the site, so i'm not familiar if they have server problems.

http://www.poptent.net/media/14908

That's a direct link from webpage, it's identical to the one already posted. So i guess it'll be the same outcome.

Fix it Charles my man :(

I agree with buddy man, it was amazing, just not as a commercial.

Did you just write a bunch of scribbles on a balloon or did that actually say stuff?

Kudos for the comment!

It wasn't written in the script, what happened was, about 200+ miles away from home, our 5D breaks--"Error 70". There's nothing we can do, we rang in all the favors, but we were so far away from home, that nobody could get to us in the countryside. One of our three man crew traveled two and a half hours to the only camera rental place with manageable prices, we didn't have the cash. So i had to make myself overdrawn.

We ended up taking the balloons that were originally set for our other locations, and setting most free, with messages on, notes attached. So we miss out on our stellar locations, I'll post some pictures, they're beautiful. We had 24 hours to find the new locations, which we did--two hours out of the way, then we discovered that the town we were shooting in, didn't have any stores with helium. Crazy right?

So, we have one balloon, salvaged, with movie quotes and lyrics written all over. It goes the whole journey with us. We edited last night, submitted twenty minutes before deadline, and here we are.

:)

I think you did a wonderful job, paper!

but yes, as others have mentioned, it needed more of the product in there. either more or just at the end. everyone gets dirty but u dont know where it is going till at the end you have a collage of the characters wiping themselves off one by one and then: BOUNTY!

but the song was an excellent choice, the whole feel was really nice. and the ppl smiling and laughing after they got dirty looked very genuine and it made me smile as well.

a job well done!

PS

i just remembered the shot of the the guy on the bike. i know theres a certain appeal to have some shots a little jerky and off but in this case, i think smooth was the fitting way to go. although i think you may not have been able to get a smooth shot bc of ur limits and not bc u didnt want to.

Last edited:
Cheers Ernest!

I'm definitely in agreement with the entire critique. We've just been asked to do an advertisement for a local restaurant on the back of this, it was one of those real fun shoots too.

Edit: Yes, i forgot to mention about the tracking shots, we rented out a "Rickshaw" as we couldn't get a car. It ended up not being as smooth as we hoped. Real enjoyable though.

NOW it says "You are Not Authorized To View This Page."

Well, that's a crock of bollocks.

All I want to do is WATCH the damn thing.

*sigh*

Yeah, sorry guys. Problem with the music, we're unable to use it as the artist has had a paid offer and the company wants it "un-premiered".

Our second choice isn't answering his calls. It's gonna be silent, sorry folks.

Back