Online Video School That You Can Really Learn From

Hi,

I have been given a budget to enroll to some form of video or film school by my company and was thinking this would be a great way to improve personally at the expense of the company :yes:

But I really want something that I can really learn from. I would say I am pretty much self taught fueled by interest with some background in audio. I really don't know what I don't know and what I know but I think I my skills are kinda newbie borderline intermediate level. As for the budget I can influence it if it is the right track. What would you recommend here?

Perhaps something that doesn't take too much of my time daily.
Any advice would be great.

you're already here. Dig in and ask questions.

Ah, but close inspection of your post sugest that your company wants to invest in you.. so maybe.. just googled this up..

Phoenix university is a respected online college. Its only a class ABOUT films, but should get you started asking the right questions.

HUM150 Introduction to Film Studies
http://www.phoenix.edu/courses/hum/hum150.html

After that, Id go for certification from Adobe, or Avid, or who ever.

http://www.adobe.com/support/certification/ace.html

Heck, even RED has a university!

Full Sail has a full bachelor's degree program in a variety of concentrations related to video and audio production. That might be the place to start. They have an online program in digital cinematography that might be perfect. I've been considering enrolling.

If might be helpful if you let us know what kind of job your company is interested in having you do. I'm unsure how much experience you have, but if you had a bit, and if your company is looking for something specific, some of the more general video/film making courses might not be a good option. Instead, it might be better to spend the money to take a more specialized course.

Thank you guys for the info on all the necessary details. I've been quite busy lately swarming with work. I'm very interested with the info you guys managed to share with me. I'll look into it later. Thank you again.

Hi,

I have been given a budget to enroll to some form of video or film school by my company and was thinking this would be a great way to improve personally at the expense of the company :yes:

But I really want something that I can really learn from. I would say I am pretty much self taught fueled by interest with some background in audio. I really don't know what I don't know and what I know but I think I my skills are kinda newbie borderline intermediate level. As for the budget I can influence it if it is the right track. What would you recommend here?

Perhaps something that doesn't take too much of my time daily.
Any advice would be great.

Indy moguls backyard FX is the website I found the most useful, it has everything from rain in film to breakable sugar glass... Give it a look!

Back