One actor/director/writer films?

Does anyone know of any films where there is one actor who is also the writer and director of the film? I just want to see how it is done....sort of like the Orson Wells of indie flicks only I am looking for a film that has only one actor in it....it could be a short fiction piece or a documentary..doesn't matter...thanks.

So your criteria is only one actor in the entire movie, who also
wrote and directed.

I don’t know of such a film.

There have been “monologue” films and standup films - but none
that I know of written and directed by the actor. There is a film
made in India with only one actor: Yaadein (1964) with Sunil Dutt
who directed (but didn’t write it).

Hell in the Pacific and Sleuth have only two actors.
Two “Twilight Zone” episodes with only one actor come to mind - The
Invaders and The Last Night of a Jockey.

I'm editing a doc that was shot and directed by the only person in it.
Does that count? He's not really and "actor".

Yeah, Super Size me with Morgan Spurlock he wrote, directed, and hosted the show. I can't rememeber the camera operator thoughs name.

there's this guy who has this youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thelonefilmmaker

he's making a feature film all by himself. the basic idea is that he plays all the characters and performs all the crew roles and no one is allowed to help him. even to just carry equipment. his girlfriend went along and shot a blog of him struggling his arse off to pull this off. it's pretty good.

It would most likely be an experimental film, try this one, and other experimental films.

So your criteria is only one actor in the entire movie, who also
wrote and directed.

I don’t know of such a film.

There have been “monologue” films and standup films - but none
that I know of written and directed by the actor. There is a film
made in India with only one actor: Yaadein (1964) with Sunil Dutt
who directed (but didn’t write it).

Hell in the Pacific and Sleuth have only two actors.
Two “Twilight Zone” episodes with only one actor come to mind - The
Invaders and The Last Night of a Jockey.

I'm editing a doc that was shot and directed by the only person in it.
Does that count? He's not really and "actor".

Twilight Zone is the only thing I can think of myself, although I've seen random short film projects over the years that only had one actor. The Twilight Zone ones are definitely the most distinctive. As old as those episodes are, I would watch those.

Thanks...checked them out on youtube. The lonefilmmaker is interesting - a documentary on lone filmmaking...I totally and completely forgot about Supersize me...I never watched it but got a glimpse of it on youtube and the storyline grabs right away.

Thanks...checked them out on youtube. The lonefilmmaker is interesting - a documentary on lone filmmaking...I totally and completely forgot about Supersize me...I never watched it but got a glimpse of it on youtube and the storyline grabs right away.
This has more than one actor. What exactly are you looking for?

Back