• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Official trailer for "The Legend of Cooley Moon"!!

Here it be!!

Film: The Legend of Cooley Moon
Genre: Sci-fi / horror
Release date: May 24, 2012
Runtime: 83 min
Written, Produced, Edited & Directed by Brett DeJager

Misc information:

*IT Member Josh Loughrey did the custom score!
*IT Member Eugene Hughes did some photo manipulations!
* We shot the movie in 12 days in Minnesota and South Dakota
* This is my first time directing (it was a blast).
* It will be my first finished project.

Websites:
www.cooleymoon.com
www.facebook.com/cooleymoon
View the LCM Trailer at Vimeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cXJPjUXKD0

540065_294175780651033_149910081744271_705263_801704423_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool :cool:

...and all this time I thought Cooley was the moon they all lived on, like frontier sci-fi settlers. :blush:

Hey, Kholi!

Feedback is always appreciated and I'll be using what I learn for my next project. I won't be making anymore changes to this though as I could be making changes after changes for a long time and it'd be never ending (as I always see things I could change and things I'm not happy with). I've already put in months of work just on this and it's time for me to move onto my next project. Next time I'm budgeting for a professional editor. Woofta!

I do know it's not perfect and I'll continue to get better (that's the plan anyways!) haha.

Hey, Kholi!

Feedback is always appreciated and I'll be using what I learn for my next project. I won't be making anymore changes to this though as I could be making changes after changes for a long time and it'd be never ending (as I always see things I could change and things I'm not happy with). I've already put in months of work just on this and it's time for me to move onto my next project. Next time I'm budgeting for a professional editor. Woofta!

I do know it's not perfect and I'll continue to get better (that's the plan anyways!) haha.

About the only thing we can do, at this level, is get better and remain humble; I understand ya.

In that case, I'd give one thing that you can change, and it would help: just adjust the audio mix a bit. Could definitely use some balancing. A toss up, additionally, may be to remove the "first time filmmaker" blurb, but that's just a personal choice.

Looks like you had access to some interesting looking locations.

Hope whatever path you have for it, sales or festivals, works out, man! We need all the votes we can get as up-and-coming filmmakers.

The VFX in the trailer are fantastic! And since I've seen the film, I can say the whole thing is great! Well, provided I don't totally drop the ball on the music ;)

Seriously though, love the film and I'm glad I have a chance to be involved with it!

No bad for for a low budget film, but I don't understand why you would do something so challenging with the VFX? At the end of the day, it just looks cheesy and lowers the films standards. Otherwise nice job.

I agree with what's been said, it looks pretty good for a low budget film trailer. Unfortunately, the sound quality doesn't match the visual quality as there are quite a few "beginner's" mistakes like editing clicks and overload distortion in the music. The actual sound mix is also quite weak, with incorrect balancing between different sections of dialogue, music and effects and the panning is a little dodgy in places too.

Overall though a very creditable trailer and certainly a step up from most of the usual fare I've seen here.
Next time I'm budgeting for a professional editor. Woofta!

I wasn't troubled by the editing because the most obvious weak point was the sound, maybe that might be a more effective use of some budget next time?

G

Back