News of the world.

in case anyone else needs cheering up, this story, from PBS newshour, just popped up on my feed:

'The country is entirely unprepared.' As more unhoused people age, where will they die?

Well, I wouldn't say it cheers me up...

This is basically why I got really angry about those sub people and their lavishly expensive afternoon getaway. I think it's great if you can succeed and amass wealth, but at the point where you can rationalize watching someone else suffer and die to feed your own ego, it's evil.

Much of the suffering in the world today is needless. I understand that back when you had to detassel corn by hand, that there really wasn't enough food to go around for people who didn't pitch in. But now we have robot combines that can harvest more corn in an hour than a person a century ago could harvest in a year. We have more than enough, for everyone to have food, shelter, and an opportunity to succeed. Personally, I know it's a bit entitled, but I'm kind of pissed off that I am deprived of one of those 3, and even more pissed off that some homeless guy is deprived of all of them. In a world where one old man in a wheel chair has enough money to buy millions of homes, we have vastly exceeded the benefits of providing drive to entrepreneurs, and stepped over a line into celebrating psychopathy.

Anyone who has a bunch of soundbytes that they recite with pride as they watch another person suffer, really isn't superior to anyone.

I'm not religious, but republicans should really read that book they are always carrying around. There is a LOT of stuff in there about not being a self centered dick, and absolutely nothing about how people born with less advantages than you should kick rocks.

Yup. "Cheering up" was obviously black sarcasm. I was writing something, in bed, this morning, on my ipad, and that popped up, and I wanted to return to the world I had just left, a world of dreams. I was sick of this one.

Last edited:
Yup. "Cheering up" was obviously black sarcasm. I was writing something, in bed, this morning, on my ipad, and that popped up, and I wanted to return to the world I had just left, a world of dreams. I was sick of this one.
Yeah, I got that, I was kind of playing along. Nice to hear from someone else who finds this kind of news story detestable.

People have been celebrating "house flipping" for decades, they even idolize it and watch it on TV as their "favorite" programs.
It's literally the process of taking affordable housing and making it unaffordable, and we've been doing it for decades.

Suddenly it's shocked pikachu face that people can't afford to live

Surprised Meme GIF

People have been celebrating "house flipping" for decades, they even idolize it and watch it on TV as their "favorite" programs.
It's literally the process of taking affordable housing and making it unaffordable, and we've been doing it for decades.

Suddenly it's shocked pikachu face that people can't afford to live

Surprised Meme GIF
This thing you're talking about is actually reaching epidemic proportions as we speak, with the super rich intentionally ratcheting up property values in a callous endeavor to further disenfranchise the people suffering from the poverty that they caused. It's a zero sum game out there, more or less, and every time someone decides that their time is worth 60 grand an hour, 5 people out there have to work for 20k a year instead of 30. That's 5 people suffering hardship for a year each, every single hour.

I doubt anyone is interested, but here's how I think it should work. We should be using a system closer to what we were using when things were much better than they are now. Basically, a thinner bandwidth of salary, like it always was before the huge cocaine wave in the 70s and 80s. Like the most successful person in the world should get paid 20-30x as much as a baseline worker. Right now, the average CEO pays themselves 398x the salary of a floor worker. That's not the extreme case. That's the average. The average should be like, 20. If you think you're time is worth more than 20x as much as another person, maybe there's a way to justify that. 400x? The fastest runner in the world is only maybe 3x faster than an average runner. The CEO's I've known, including myself, were not supermen. They worked more, sometimes, if they felt like it, and their work WAS more important and effective than the workers, by far. But like I said, not that far. It's mostly justified through legacy thinking about the rewards for taking on risk, which is legitimate, but I never hear them talk about how they also have the ability to mitigate those risks, and simply pick the numbers that favor their own greed. You could take the same numbers and read them a different way, but people are just googling nepotism for the first time last year, and haven't moved on to learning about confirmation bias yet.

Today, like right this moment, the pay gap between a worker at Expedia, and the CEO is 2,897-to-1. In 1950 when the country was in it's prime, that gap was about 20 to 1. These people should quit lying to themselves, and to us, and admit that there is no legitimate way to rationalize this level of personal greed. And I can say this, because at my companies, I just paid myself like 3x what the workers made. Well, there were some large one time expenses, but whatever, I took care of my people, and we ate at the same restaurants and drank at the same bars.

Last edited:
Also, I'd like to yield my remaining podium time to an individual who has a few words on the topic of our society, providing some insight into the perspective of those most effected by all this.

Meet Frank Rolfe -

Find a person living month to month, get them to move into your mobile home park, ratchet up the rent, evict the tenants, declare their home abandoned when they don't have enough money to move it, now you have all their money and their home, they are homeless and cannot afford a lawyer, and you have 10 lawyers. You told them that you "Had" to destroy their life because they didn't have the last hundred dollars of rent. But then you paid your lawyer 350 dollars an hour to evict them, so you could legally take their 20k in property because they didn't have 100 dollars.

This is one of those psychopaths I was telling you guys about. This guy should be thrown screaming from a helicopter into an active volcano. Anyway, you can interpret that as my vote against privatization of basic needs, such as food, water, shelter, electricity, and communication. If you think the free market is lowering your bills, maybe take a second look at literally every bill you're paying over the last 10 years, and compare it to inflation. People are greedy, this is why we can't have nice things.

Culture is a powerful thing.

This is what happens when you condition people their entire lives not to fight back .
Suppose someone walks up to you and says the most insulting, ignorant shit you can imagine to you or children?

What do you do about it in america? NOTHING cause if you shut them up then you go to jail.
What a joke lol. Our culture is a joke. We are raising a bunch of doormats.

And then Frank comes along and takes EVERYTHING they own, leaves them homeless and destitute and they just take it.
People have no idea how to stand up for themselves and just bottle it all up and then one day they fucking snap and shoot 30 people.

I would rather die than go to jail, since I have a shy bladder and can't use public restrooms, and I have interstitial cystitis which gives me torturous bladder pain if I don't pee all the time... being sent to jail for me is literal torture, I'll do anything I can do avoid it, including escalating things to a life or death situation if I had my back against the wall. I'd rather die. I also cannot function as a homeless person for this reason, so, thankfully I'm not in a situation like that.

Last edited:
It's worse than that really. We aren't just conditioned to accept the authority of other civilians, but universally peer pressured to do so. Tell someone that you are interested in starting a small business, and watch how fast they start advising you to just report to the nearest rich person and begin servitude training. What always feels weird to me is the self delusion I saw in corporate America while I worked there. All these identical suits, with very little agency, each on a dozen leashes, and each feeling like they had total control of their lives.

There's a line in an old Oasis song that I think went over a lot of people's heads. The line "And people believe that they're gonna get away for the weekend". He means that you can't be trapped and free at the same time, and that being allowed by someone else to play at freedom for a day here and there is not real freedom. Sometimes I understand republicans, I don't need anyone telling me what to do either. They lost me with the cowboy hats though. Am I the only one seeing this? That's an adult wearing a Halloween costume. You're not a cowboy unless you literally herd cattle.

For people reading one of my incessant rants for the first time, I'm what's called a centrist, which means, lol, literally no one agrees with my opinions. I absolutely refuse to think in sound bites.

Last edited:
Back