• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

new

This is a little more than I was intending to wrap my head around with two hours of work to go on a Friday. :) I'll see if I can come up with anything. In the meantime, good luck!

I don't think infrared film was available to the public that early. I don't know that for a fact but it seems like it would be awefully hard to come by.

Also when you say infrared I assume you literally mean infrared and not near infrared?

Re: the accessibility of infrared film, even if the character is only an amateur astronomer, is it conceivable that he or she could be friends with a professional scientist with access to advanced equipment or tools?

If you can't find one, make one up. Sometimes that is the best way to go ...

And if infrared film was experimented with in the late 1800's then it stands to reason that some in the scientific community would have at least the chance to have access to it.

Even if it wasn't, this business relies a lot on suspension of disbelief. Don't worry if any nitpickers cry about historic facts that are small like that, just tell a good story.

Poke

bird16 said:
Poke-I'm probably obsessing too much on dates, besides, if the audience doesn't buy the issue of infrared availiability then they are never gonna buy seeing a 30' statue of Al Capone flying from Chicago to Wyoming!

Actually, that happened in 1982. The reason that it wasn't widely reported is because of a vast liberal media conspiracy to prep for the future discrediting of Pres. Bush.

Poke

Back