• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

NEW WIRELESS FOLLOW FOCUS HF

Hey people, this may interest you. I saw this link yesterday http://vm-cinema.com/ because I was looking for innovative accessories to make my shot more easily. The product principle delighted me and made me want to know more about it.

Hello Victor Mac - welcome to indietalk!

So, be honest - did you really just see that link yesterday and get so excited about it that you felt you just had to sign up at indietalk and tell everyone about it in your first post? Or are you connected to the company and just here to promote?

Hey people, this may interest you. I saw this link yesterday http://vm-cinema.com/ because I was looking for innovative accessories to make my shot more easily. The product principle delighted me and made me want to know more about it.

Victor Mac - Visual Movement - VM in the url. Seems legit. <_<

Come'on guy. Just post "Hey, we are Visual Movement and we made this cool thing you should check out." You know, like the last guy to post a cool kickstarter gadget. "We are So-And-So-Labs and we're making the Such-And-Such..."

Seriously. :lol:

I know the company team, it's a small company which deserves support and help in order to launch their project.

Their product is really good and should be successful but they need promotion.

If you are agree, talk about this project (The Juste Focus) around you. This is the link you can follow: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/juste-focus/x/2306326

Excuse me if my way to act before was suspicious, I'm just an enthusiastic friend who wants help his friends.

Excuse me if my way to act before was suspicious, I'm just an enthusiastic friend who wants help his friends.
That should've been your first sentence.

I'll check it out as I need a good FF.

But for future marketing posts (and this is a marketing post), remember if it looks suspicious, it reflects on the company and can ultimately be bad PR.

Be up-front, truthful, and above-board, and it'll be viewed much more favorably.

Okay, thank you for your advices stef, I will know how to do next time. In any case, the company Visuel Mouvement is anything but a bad business, I know its managers and they worked hard to launch this project.

Thank you.

You talk like a robot and this is not helping you .

Moreover the follow focus is still out of the price range for most of the people here .

Your friends are welcome to ask opinions about their crowdfunding campaign if they open a thread about it.

:-p

Ray would be able to give some raw crowdfunding data that can be usefull as well :)

Doesn't look "innovative". What's wrong with a regular follow focus system? You get the same results. It's basically a follow focus system controlled from a remote. This looks like an overpriced toy disguised as an important filmmaking tool. And you do talk like a robot.

"I saw this link yesterday http://vm-cinema.com/ because I was looking for innovative accessories to make my shot more easily. The product principle delighted me and made me want to know more about it."

:hmm:

And this is out of most people price ranges. I can't even afford a regular follow focus system.

wireless FF is needful for steady cam and similar applications.
its useful in other applications in the way all remotely operated wireless solutions are, convenient and flexible.

Doesn't look "innovative". What's wrong with a regular follow focus system? You get the same results. It's basically a follow focus system controlled from a remote. This looks like an overpriced toy disguised as an important filmmaking tool. And you do talk like a robot.

"I saw this link yesterday http://vm-cinema.com/ because I was looking for innovative accessories to make my shot more easily. The product principle delighted me and made me want to know more about it."

:hmm:

And this is out of most people price ranges. I can't even afford a regular follow focus system.

Nothing wrong with a regular FF system. A regular FF system isn't HF so you always have to fix it on the camera while with their product you don't have to run after the camera (crane, steadicam, car-mount; drone) to do the focus because with Bluetooth you can remotely control, moreover it can be programmed in several applications especially a time-lap. It doesn't replace a regular FF system but it's a further filmmaking tool.

Nothing wrong with a regular FF system. A regular FF system isn't HF so you always have to fix it on the camera while with their product you don't have to run after the camera (crane, steadicam, car-mount; drone) to do the focus because with Bluetooth you can remotely control, moreover it can be programmed in several applications especially a time-lap. It doesn't replace a regular FF system but it's a further filmmaking tool.

Nicely put. I think part of the push-back you are getting is that this site is very, very, very low budget centric. Most of the folks who come here are 1st time film-makers, and many of the old-guard here are indie/DIY/self-distribution gurus of many years of experience with several self-distributed titles to their name.

You might have the market-killing wireless FF coming out, but most of the folks who frequent IT aren't working that budget level ... yet.

In reference to my earlier comments,

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=49176&highlight=lumu

Note the way they announced right at the beginning that the post was associated with the company and the entire post is written in such a way as to be very straight forward about that. Note that they only posted once on the board (in the wrong section, but whatever, everyone does that, promo is so buried that even when new folks find it they are probably unlikely to start here since it is at the bottom).

The sad fact is that on boards of all kinds you will get tons of "new users" who post things like "I saw this on the internet and totally had to share it with you guys," so long-time users of a given board are twitchy when posts like that come around.

For your future reference, the Lumu post I felt was quite legit and the best away to approach promoting a product on a site like this. Also, if you read the thread you'll note they got my money. To be fair, I happened to be actively shopping for a light meter, and that's not the case with a wireless FF - but if I were a post like that would be far more likely to get me interested than two identical posts like this:

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=49290

Anyway, just trying to offer a little more info on why you got some of the feedback that you did. Best of luck with your product. The pricing, while steep in this context, is pretty good when compared to other wireless FFs on the market.

I perfectly understand your point of view and I thank you for your advices. Indeed the thread you let me is really good and it's a nice promote example.

JF-TRM1.jpg

Back