• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New 'Chronicles of Nerm' Trailer!

http://www.vimeo.com/4268602

I needed to put together a new trailer for my animated film 'The Chronicles of Nerm' for a film festival this weekend. This one is much more 'trailer'y' than the previous one, showcasing some of the voice acting and whatnot. I've been working on the film for almost 6 years now and I'm hoping to finish it up in the next year or so. Hope you enjoy!

Trailer01.jpg

Trailer03.jpg

Love it.

Boy, is he mean to that little robot boy. Shooting him and stuff...pshhh.

Looks great. Really nice modeling, texturing and lighting. Great work and good luck.

I remember seeing this a while back and my thoughts are the same as before:

I want to see more!

You are truly a 1 man CG developer army. My hats off to you; your work is inspiring and I hope one day I can reach your level of work :)

Truly incredible CGI. Really solid modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, and animation. You have mad skills and deserve to work with Dreamworks, Weta, or Pixar. However, I'm not a fan of the trailer...I don't see a story. Just my two cents.

What app did you use? Maya? Max? Softimage? Lightwave? Or did you go the less expensive route?

Great Job Chris. Looks awsome. Can't wait to finally see this film. Hopefully you will land in Hollywood from all your hard work on this. I would think you will get some attention with this film.

Thank you for all the nice comments everyone!

Truly incredible CGI. Really solid modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, and animation. You have mad skills and deserve to work with Dreamworks, Weta, or Pixar. However, I'm not a fan of the trailer...I don't see a story. Just my two cents.

What app did you use? Maya? Max? Softimage? Lightwave? Or did you go the less expensive route?

Yeah, there isn't much of a story told in the trailer, but that's hard to accomplish out of only a minute and a half of rendered footage that I have right now. I'll continue to update trailers as I get more footage at it's final quality.

I'm using Max for the 3D and some compositing in After Effects

If anyone's curious, here's a little break down of one of the most recent shots, going from some reference video all the way to the final shot: http://www.vimeo.com/22923474?ab

I'm really looking forward to this, you've done some fantastic work on this!

Look forward to seeing the finished product! :D

Hi Chris rw. Iv been a fan since this first post.

I believe your a fellow Portlandier if I have my facts straight. I noticed a CL ad for Holly Olsen working on a new teaser scene this Sunday, something new in the works I presume? Will you be working at Ident, that place is starting to hop!

Thanks wheat. This is a promotional piece I'm directing for Steve Coker's 'Dex Dixon' feature, which Indent is helping Steve produce I believe. This promotional piece isn't tied to Indent at all though. And yes, we've got a werewolf in this it... I can't wait for that!

I'm also getting a live action feature of my own up and running soon (finishing up writing it soon), which will be the follow up to this pile of ridiculousness: http://www.vimeo.com/15135199

Back