Need help with Sony Vegas!!

Hey i am needing to restore my PC because of some virus issues and i wanted to know if i do restore my pc will sony vegas be able to load my old project files and clips as long as i have them backed up.? Any help?

You might have to redirect Vegas to find the backed up clips if the original clips are missing, but if everything is backed up you should be fine.

.veg files & post notes

I don't think that a system restore will effect your .veg files but if you save your .veg file on the external hard drive then when you open the file up it will automatically find the files.

Sometimes you might have to search for a file now and then. I work with both Vegas and Final Cut Pro and as far as i am concerned the work flow is twice as fast as with Final cut pro. Now final output for a video house from Vegas can and will be a pain. Most post houses will charge you an arm and a leg to transfer the file for you to Pro res. If you are self distributing your film then this will not be a problem but be aware of the distribution company's because they have a list of deliverable items that cost $$$$ to get made and without the deliverable items you can forget distribution unless you self distribute. I just wanted to inform you to be prepared when dealing with distributors.

Blank_MoviePoster_Rick_Thumbnail.jpg

Watch my film "BLANK" releasing on 3.21.09
http://www.myspace.com/blank_13

Back