• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

NEED HELP WITH AN EFFECT

Hey filmmakers, I am working on a short film and I need to make some clips look like LMN. I can't figure out what makes Lifetime Movies look so bad. So if you know what makes LMN Movies look so bad, please tell me.

It's more content that will get this "effect" I think than overall look. You can put a stars filter on your cam, put some middle aged women freaking out about their kids smoking and add in some cheesy music. Lots of beige and pink.

The latest SNL (available on Hulu) actually has a Lifetime-Mom's games show. Pretty funny.

I don't know what LMN is either, but if it's what I'm thinking it is, they're all "Made-For-TV" movies, right? We have a few channels in the UK dedicated to this crap.

My best bet would be to go for cheesy acting, cheesier dialogue and make sure you light everything up a bright as you can. Also, shoot at 50/60FPS to get the TV look, as apposed to the 24FPS "film-look".

I don't know what LMN is either, but if it's what I'm thinking it is, they're all "Made-For-TV" movies, right? We have a few channels in the UK dedicated to this crap.

My best bet would be to go for cheesy acting, cheesier dialogue and make sure you light everything up a bright as you can. Also, shoot at 50/60FPS to get the TV look, as apposed to the 24FPS "film-look".

My camera only shoots at 25fps, 30fps, 60i

Back