Need Camera Help Fast - Thanks

NV-GS400 3CCD going for 250 English Pounds on Ebay. 35mins left on auction. Is that a good price for this camera?

Much appreciated.

Save up an extra grand or so, with no Film Funding in the UK, that should be fun.

And Shooop, it's 5D bub! Let's not get into this :P

theres the 5d too, and that's like 5G's. I don't know, but you were probably thinking that, and I was thinking this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3rNBbq71k4
http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDUQ8wIwAQ#
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbGGgteH2c0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/user/patsslejr#p/u/4/0Edsd223LA8

Last edited:
Canon 50mm 1.4, 24-70mm 2.8.

That's what we're shooting with at the minute. There's nothing between the two Canon models, it's whole lot more about who's behind it.

If it was me, I'd learn what you could with an inexpensive camera, then take the plunge. Assuming you're confident in your abilities, I'd then take four different jobs and wait it out for a 5D/7D/550D or T2i to the US folks.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I've been researching cameras for the last few months. I have very little money left after paying my rent and bills so I'm on a very low/tight budget. Bad credit, so no cards or loans.

I've decided not to go HD despite the amazing examples out there for the HV family, simply because my computer system is old (2005) and would struggle with HD in post. Also, most of my filming will be outside so 3CCD should suffice. Now it's just deciding which one. The GS family look good, but I want one with the manual focus ring. Are there any other cameras that are 3CCD with the manual rings outside of Panasonic? And around the same £200 price tag. Would it be worth saving and getting a TRV950?

There's just too much choice within these parameters.

wow! i see we're all on the same page for once in a single thread!

kinda scary, actually... :)

OP: in the 200 price range, it almost doesnt matter which camera buy. a flip, perhaps. at that level, everything else other than the camera increases in importance. its important anyway even if u have a 20,000 camera. but its so much more important with a 200 camera. lighting, sound, framing and story story story.

i know its easy for every1 to give advice abt wat u should do and wat u should have, so wat ill say is get a flip or something for 200 and then if u dont have any money for anything else:

know the limitations of the equipment u have a build a story around that. if u can borrow lights, go borrow them. if u can not, make a story surrounding a situation where it is home filmed with bad lighting or it is POV filming with a bad camera. get the general idea?

write a story that is gripping from the get go, that will be ur biggest asset if ur filming with cheap equipment.

and if u cant do sound, make it a silent film with free music from the various artists who advertise here on indietalk.

i dont know wat u have in mind, but i hope my sporadic ideas above gave a general view of how to work around the equipment you do have to tell an interesting story.

goodluck!

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I've been researching cameras for the last few months. I have very little money left after paying my rent and bills so I'm on a very low/tight budget. Bad credit, so no cards or loans.

I've decided not to go HD despite the amazing examples out there for the HV family, simply because my computer system is old (2005) and would struggle with HD in post. Also, most of my filming will be outside so 3CCD should suffice. Now it's just deciding which one. The GS family look good, but I want one with the manual focus ring. Are there any other cameras that are 3CCD with the manual rings outside of Panasonic? And around the same £200 price tag. Would it be worth saving and getting a TRV950?

There's just too much choice within these parameters.

or for filming you could just post an ad on craigslist and say "hiring filmmakers; need good camera" or something. post an add or talk to someone in the film department at local colleges. also talk to the film clubs.

then for editing you could just join IFP indipendent film project and pay 70 bucks, then 10 a day for editing from open to close.

ifp has the best editing mac pro's. tape decks, and everything, even help from members.

Back