Myths and Misinformation Perpetuated by Hollywood

I want to see a movie where in the first five minutes the hero jumps from a building in pursuit of a criminal but breaks his shin in the process.

In The first 15 minutes or so of "The Other Guys" Sam Jackson and the rock jump from a 5-6 story building an a heroic pursuit of a criminal who zip lined down... They didn't make it haha.

Most bars/taverns don't have chairs made of balsa wood. Anyone ever tried to pick up a legit oak/hard wood chair and swing it downward? Rather awkward, could bust your arm if you bend it wrong.

And my understanding about "pistol whipping"-it isn't a "hit the neck and knock them out", but rather apparently you do some serious damage.

And oh yes, a car can do multiple "Dukes of Hazzard" jumps and still keep on rolling.

Wait. That's a myth? Either you've been spending time with the wrong women, or you're doing something wrong! :)

I always thought it would be funny to wait til she's at her peak, then give her the "sshhh, did you here that?". Never had the balls to do it.
.See how I worked balls into a sex comment. BaddaBing

-during a huge all out hand to hand combat war both sides stop in mid swing to look at....

-the hero can fight 10+ people with one hitter quiters

-turning your back to an explosion negates physics of shrapnel and fire

-cops/detectives are genius in crime scenes

-criminals always get caught ....if you run you always get caught

-

Lucas got a lot of stick from his buddies for the explosions and laser sounds in Star Wars.

Space is a vacuum, so those epic dogfights should be totally silent.

That was great, Alcove. It makes me want to make an all cliche movie.

They forgot one for the trailers to add to the record scratch and fade to black...crickets chirping after an inappropriate comment.

Doesn't show up in movies, per se, but:

Hollywood (and the media, in general) is run by liberals. :rolleyes:

Hear it enough times and you'll start believin'.

When anyone pulls out a gun, it makes several clanky-metallic sounds like it's about to fall apart. Sorry, if I pull out my sidearm and it sounds like that I'd be afraid to fire it off...

When someone pulls out a Glock in a dramatic fashion and in the process there's the sound of a safety being turned off or the hammer being pulled back. Glocks have integrated safeties on the trigger, and the hammer is completely internal.

Back