My indietalk project

Cool :cool:

What do you think of the film? :D

It's great :)
4/5 stars. It would be 5/5 if I had michael cera, sean williams scott and miley cyrus :lol:

but right now it needs a little ADR.

And color grading ;)
I will send you a private youtube link later tonight to take a look, since you volunteered to help with the color grade. I'll be uploading a lossless version for your editing to google drive in a day or two.

ugh. what a fucking mess..

i had a falling out with my supporting actor. one of our mutual friends turned out to be a sexual predator and it's been all over the news that he may have drugged/raped more than ten young men. I said some bad shit about the predator on FB and the actor blew up and said he refuses to take part in any ADR and I burned that bridge " I'll end this with you're just as fucked up and have just as many demons as [the predator]"

wow.. just wow
edit: and this is the actor i was waiting a couple of weeks for the ADR, to make it more convenient for him after he moved to MD...

Last edited:
All uncut footage was around 9 minutes. My first edit that i thought would be watchable was 6 minutes and 30 seconds.

After setting this aside for some time, I've started preproduction for my next short. This gave me a real boost of creative energy, I went back with vengeance and I cut the whole friend zoned project down to 2 minutes 40 seconds. I still may tweak a few things over the next week, but I'm thrilled to see how much better it is distilled down in this way. I had two actors that didn't shine on screen and I've minimized their parts, basically taking away anything that wasn't pov/featuring my main character and then some. ADR is no longer necessary, since I have minimized that one dudes role so much. He still had absolutely no emotion so it might do me good to dub over his voice.

Editing is hard work.

I just caught up on all the posts and wanted to say that you've done well to get through the production in spite of all the obstacles you have faced. You kept on going, came up with alternatives and didn't let the obstacles sway you from finishing the production.

I think it's a good idea to look at your edit with fresh eyes and to be very harsh on your original edit to get the best version you can.

I just caught up on all the posts and wanted to say that you've done well to get through the production in spite of all the obstacles you have faced. You kept on going, came up with alternatives and didn't let the obstacles sway you from finishing the production.

I think it's a good idea to look at your edit with fresh eyes and to be very harsh on your original edit to get the best version you can.

Thank you. I was fortunate that at least the weather was on my side.
It did get to the point that I was pretty sick of watching this movie though. Now with the new edit I've watched it a couple dozen times today and it's still going pretty strong. We'll see if I still like it next week :lol:

Back