• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My first HD camera...

Hey, all... I just got my Canon Rebel T2i today and I threw together a quick test of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqDP0smHvqE

This test was thrown together in ten minutes, simply to see how some of the footage would come out... this was my first time using it...

Oh, and I tried to add a few laughs in there for the fans of my comedy....

Does anybody have any tips on what I could do to make it look better? Obviously, keeping it steady, but I'm not entirely sure how to export from Premiere Pro at the highest quality...

But at least soon I will be able to add some real production value to my shorts, and then eventually, my feature film.

Last edited:
Im guessing you used shutter speed to help keep the exposure under control.

You'll want to get ND filters right away if your doing any outdoor shooting in sun.

Your shutter speed should not be used to correct exposure problems. Start with 1/50th of a second shutter speed for 24p video. This will keep your shots looking "cinematic" .. .

this of course assumes your noob in general, please dont be offended if you already know this..

yes, i shot all of this, knowing the shutter was off, then while it was exporting I figured out how to manually change the shutter, ISO, etc. and i'm not offended, I fit the literal definition of a noob with this camera

Back