• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music Video Filmed in a Forest at Night! (and underwater)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1W-Vu1wXJs

Was hoping to get some feedback on this music video I shot for a local band. We filmed in a forest at night with 4x2000w lights and some redheads for fill.

What do you guys think? :)

it looks cool!... What camera did you use underwater?... did you film it under water or was it something like swimming pool? I always wonder how they do that

Very nice.

Only tech comment would be the blacks in the forest bit look a little washed out. I thought it might be the compression, but they look good when the band is playing. May want to bring it down a point or two.

Other than that, nice job

it looks cool!... What camera did you use underwater?... did you film it under water or was it something like swimming pool? I always wonder how they do that
The whole thing was shot on my Canon 550D (minus the band performance at the end which was on a 5D). Got a dicapac for the 550D so I could go underwater and it was in a pool in a darkish room with a light pointing directly at the actor in the water. I wasn't too happy with the result, but glad it works!

Very nice.

Only tech comment would be the blacks in the forest bit look a little washed out. I thought it might be the compression, but they look good when the band is playing. May want to bring it down a point or two.

Other than that, nice job
Thanks! Yeah, when grading we have some issues with it. I shot it as flat as I could (cinestyle, super low contrast) and tried to not under-expose when shooting. When it came to grading, I'd crush the blacks a nice amount and it looked great on my monitor but as soon as I viewed it on another monitor, another Mac or something, it looked way too dark and was difficult to make anything out.

So we ended up going for what looked great on a Mac that had "correct" colour settings. It looks a tad washed out on my monitor but I was happier with people seeing it than not being able to see much at all.

Back