• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music Vid, first timer.

Sad part is that the music sucked and those guys are complete idiots because the video was very well done!

I don't usually 733T speak but....OMFG..hick, trucker, rappers?

Sad part is that the music sucked and those guys are complete idiots because the video was very well done!

I don't usually 733T speak but....OMFG..hick, trucker, rappers?

The music is not for everyone for sure.. but, if you have any outlaw tenancies there is a good chance you will come around. There are a lot of rednecks/hicks out there, that are tired of line dancing, but don't want to dance to songs about jewelry and gang life.

The music is not for everyone for sure.. but, if you have any outlaw tenancies there is a good chance you will come around. There are a lot of rednecks/hicks out there, that are tired of line dancing, but don't want to dance to songs about jewelry and gang life.

So instead they like to dance to a couple of fat guys rapping about objectifying women and drinking too much? And I'm supposed to believe this is a move in a positive direction?

I get that the music isn't for everyone but it shouldn't really be for anyone. Not to mention that even if I wasn't turned off by the guys in the video, the song is still absolutely horrid.

That was a good video! I enjoyed it. The song was alright as well. I've gone right off hip-hop recently, but this is actually one of the better songs I've heard in a while!

Abaci, what kind of music are you into? I'm sure you'll find a hell of a lot of people don't like the stuff you listen to either...

So instead they like to dance to a couple of fat guys rapping about objectifying women and drinking too much? And I'm supposed to believe this is a move in a positive direction?

I get that the music isn't for everyone but it shouldn't really be for anyone. Not to mention that even if I wasn't turned off by the guys in the video, the song is still absolutely horrid.

Sounds like you want to talk about music and not filmmaking.

That was a good video! I enjoyed it. The song was alright as well. I've gone right off hip-hop recently, but this is actually one of the better songs I've heard in a while!

Abaci, what kind of music are you into? I'm sure you'll find a hell of a lot of people don't like the stuff you listen to either...

And I defend what I like to listen to when I am challenged. It's not out of the ordinary for someone to make a comment that they don't like a particular song or type of music. I happen to like Kid Rock, so it's not the whole genre, just these guys.

If yo must know I like everything that is pleasing to my ear. To minimize my tastes into a category is limiting my ability to enjoy music. I'm not a big fan of romantic comedies but that doesn't stop me from taking a chance on one to see if I will like it. Great thing about music is that the songs aren't between 1.5 and 2 hours.

I wasn't intending on hijacking this thread, but I guess that can't be avoided now.

Sounds like you want to talk about music and not filmmaking.

No, actually I'm not. I made the comment that the video was very well done.

You replied in defense of the music and I responded to that reply. If there is anyone leading us to talk about music it's you and the responder above your post. I would have left my reply as it was if there hadn't been responses, but this is a forum where ideas are exchanged. I can hardly leave a response un-replied to.

Thanks though..this has been fun so far.

Actually, the first two responses were to say that the video was well done. You started your response by saying...

... Sad part is that the music sucked and those guys are complete idiots...

So it was you that diverted it towards the music, my friend. Doesn't matter though, the video's still really cool.

Leaving the music aside (guilty pleasure? Don't mind if I do) that was a really well done video. Maybe it got a bit repetitive but that's probably slightly the fault of the music because it didn't have a strong bridge section where you could easily change location. All the same you did a good job with it, especially getting people to look like their having fun despite the tedium of shooting!

:)

And I defend what I like to listen to when I am challenged. It's not out of the ordinary for someone to make a comment that they don't like a particular song or type of music. I happen to like Kid Rock, so it's not the whole genre, just these guys.

If yo must know I like everything that is pleasing to my ear. To minimize my tastes into a category is limiting my ability to enjoy music. I'm not a big fan of romantic comedies but that doesn't stop me from taking a chance on one to see if I will like it. Great thing about music is that the songs aren't between 1.5 and 2 hours.

I wasn't intending on hijacking this thread, but I guess that can't be avoided now.

Have you ever heard Kid Rocks Grit Sandwiches for Breakfast album? Kid Rock started out making much worse music than those guys, it's taken him over 10 years to get to the point he's at now. Not that I'm a particular fan of these guys, I do see they're marketability, and I think if your going to critique them you should do so from a more educated perspective instead of calling them names and using the wonderfully descriptive word that all artists want to hear: "Sucks"

Again, I have to say that I wasn't trying to make this thread into a musical commentary thread. I was using the fact that I thought that the music and the performers were terrible to highlight that I felt the video was very well done. This is a filmmaker's community and I prefer to keep it on the topic of film. My opinion was my opinion, I'm no musical expert (hell...I'm not a film expert either for that matter) and I don't profess to have any sort of technical knowledge which would afford me the ability to utilize the language you attest I should have utilized in "critiquing" the music (which I never attempted or professed to do.)

I never said they weren't marketable nor did I say that everyone should automatically take my opinion as the gospel and abandon those guys and their brand of music. I was merely stating my opinion. Forgive me if, on this forum in the least, I used language that was not politically or positively toned. I was under the impression that here, amongst all others, you could be honest and candid with your language and not get chastised for doing so. Hell, that's why I come here.

I'm actually starting to feel like I'm being attacked just for the sake of being attacked. It doesn't appear that people are reading my posts. With that in mind, I remove myself from further comment on this topic as it has occupied enough of my time already and I have some editing to get done.

No, actually I'm not. I made the comment that the video was very well done..

Abaci, I'll be the very first person on the internet to apologize.. As I read back, I agree with your last comment, and I think I was just being a high strung and overly protective guy. The secret, is that I really like these guys personally. My apologies.

Moving on to the vid topic,

Turns out Subnoize Records and SRH liked the quality of the vid enough to co-world premier it yesterday.. Each company sent out press releases and put it up on their main sites as well as a few others. They also green lit a second video. ;)

I can't thank this community enough.. you guys literally got me up to speed with honest and great feedback.

This really has been a huge dream, long in the making.

Back