• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Murder in a blizzard.

So, I'm doing a rewrite of a film I wrote called "Last Call" which I posted on here a while ago.

Inspired by the blizzard I'm currently in the middle of, I came up with the idea that the murder the story revolves around can happen in the middle of an intense snow storm.

Now what's important, is that evidence of the murder IS left behind, but the body isn't found (because the "victim" doesn't actually die, and it's all an elaborate frame job). I'm going for realism on this, any suggestions on it?

Just be careful. When you start placing your story around inclement weather, your production costs go way up. Nature rarely cooperates with production schedules.

Incidentally, if there's no body, it's generally considered a missing person. Your evidence would need to be beyond compelling (like 10 pints of blood).

Just be careful. When you start placing your story around inclement weather, your production costs go way up. Nature rarely cooperates with production schedules.

Incidentally, if there's no body, it's generally considered a missing person. Your evidence would need to be beyond compelling (like 10 pints of blood).

Limbs, mass amounts of blood, and chunks of gray matter are what would suggest murder with out a body, but usually No body, No Murder.

I think I could make lots of blood work, thanks.

As far as the snow, I already know I'll be hardpressed to get the ideal conditions I want, but I'm also shooting this myself on my own time and resources, so as long as I can get my actors where I need them for a scene I can wait on the weather I need. Most of the film will take place in a courtroom anyways, I think snow would just add more texture to the story, and make it easier to explain the lack of a body.

Thanks for the comments, guys, keep em coming everyone!

Sounds like a missing person case that develops into a murder as evidence is uncovered. Or, perhaps the protagonist comes to believe it is a murder, while everyone else wants to leave it as MP.

Back