MUMBLECORE!!!

Ok, next time I have a question I'll just google it and not bother coming on here. Sorry for not knowing every thing.

Whatchoo talkin bout? Silly goose (that's right, I said silly goose). We like questions around here. Somebody just thought it would be easier to anwer your question by posting a link. I've done that before.

I will personally feel really bad if insert_cliche departs from these forums. I'm still looking forward to seeing your first production.

Have you watched "Waltz with Bashir" yet? When you finally watch that one, put "Puffy Chair" next on your list. It's sweet.

Ok, next time I have a question I'll just google it and not bother coming on here. Sorry for not knowing every thing.

sorry, didnt mean to be rude. i just meant that some basic things are easier and quicker to find out if u just google them than waiting for the answer here. it saves u time and us time as well to talk abt more detailed stuff. for eg. if everyone just read the definition of words on google so they knew what they were talking about instead of asking about a word here. thats y a lot of ppl here reply to basic questions by saying to look up old threads or use google.

once again, i didnt mean any offense and to show u good will, ive sent u a friend request :D

thats y a lot of ppl here reply to basic questions by saying to look up old threads or use google.

Actually a lot of people here will answer the question, even if its a question that's been asked and answered a hundred times before. That's what I love about this forum compared to others.

When questions are answered the forums grow and become references for all, not the just the original posters or participants within threads. So in the future, if a non Indietalk user were to google "Mumblecore" they might stumble upon our community and find out what they were looking for!

Actually a lot of people here will answer the question, even if its a question that's been asked and answered a hundred times before. That's what I love about this forum compared to others.

When questions are answered the forums grow and become references for all, not the just the original posters or participants within threads. So in the future, if a non Indietalk user were to google "Mumblecore" they might stumble upon our community and find out what they were looking for!

Thats the moderator in you talking :P

Not to keep this off-topic...but I think there is a healthy mix of answers to commonly asked questions, as well as links, and 'Google it' responses. There's something to be said for the 'look it up' response.

Coming to a film board and saying, what's a good camera to get for under $2000, without searching on Google or our own search tool is a little lazy. If you searched and can't find an answer, or are confused with the replies and search results, fine post a questions here...but at least try first.

If you even *start* typing in Google, 'Best HD camera for under...', you don't even have to continue, the pop down box instantly puts up a ton of search strings for under $5000, under $4000, under $2000 and on...and a bunch of results will occur if you click one.

Coming to a film board and saying, what's a good camera to get for under $2000, without searching on Google or our own search tool is a little lazy. If you searched and can't find an answer, or are confused with the replies and search results, fine post a questions here...but at least try first.

The people I don't understand are the ones who seemingly come here for the specific purpose of asking which camera to buy, and then we never see them again. Seriously? You went to all that effort to fill out a membership form, verify your email, etc., start a new thread and then wait until people respond to it? So unneccessary. Google it. Or, at least search these forums for the same issue that's talked about a million different times.

I don't think it's crazy for cliche to ask about mumblecore, though. To finally answer your question, mumblecore is a small sub-genre of films that are being made on about as low a budget as you can imagine. People are just grabbing their camcorders, and pressing record -- no lights, no audio gear, no props, no rented locations, no nothing. Because of the limitations, these typically tend to be talky movies, about people in their 20's talking about relationships and stuff.

Back