Multiple Green Screens at same time?

Hey guys i am just getting into green screen editing, with mostly vegas pro....but the thing i am wondering how do i replace the green area for more then one area at same time...

For example on the ground i have a green screen and i want to replace it for example with water...

then behind me i have another green screen and i want it to be forest (theoretically)...then to the right of me i want to have mountains

and to the left of me to have a desert...

(i know it doesnt make sense plot wise but lets go with it)

so how would i go about making each of those a different thing?

or would i need to have a :

*green screen
*pure red one
*and a blue one?

.....and then just layer, and image or video them individually ?

Would that work?

Because whenever you see behind the scene shoots, their ground, and all the angles are green...so i am just wondering how they do it with one color. and would the method i thought of would work? (plus the option of custom presets when it comes to chroma keyer).
Thanks

On greenscreen is all you need. Composite what you need to make your image. You can simply mask out what you do not need and build the image w/ layers..Say layer 1 is the talent in greenscreen. Layer 2 is the water, just mask out the area of water that you need, Layer 3 is the mountains...etc...etc

YEs it can work.. You have to provide the magic

Below is a link to some info on a short film I did using compositing to create a scene
http://indiebudgetmoviemaker.com/compositing-in-cinelerra-for-short-film-pamalea-knew-better/

I took the original scene and used the below for the original footage

snapp-300x168.png

I made the final result below using an overlay.. you can do the same w/ video or whatever...

screen-300x168.png

YEs it can work.. You have to provide the magic

Below is a link to some info on a short film I did using compositing to create a scene
http://indiebudgetmoviemaker.com/compositing-in-cinelerra-for-short-film-pamalea-knew-better/

I took the original scene and used the below for the original footage

snapp-300x168.png

I made the final result below using an overlay.. you can do the same w/ video or whatever...

screen-300x168.png
lol, nice response :P...for a minute i was sitting there for a minute thinking about "where is the magic function" heh...:)
if anybody has simular ideas, your welcome to share your stories still :)

This isn't a green screen shot, but the basic principles of compositing are still relevant hereā€¦

(Click for larger)

The new background involves around ten layers, matched in contrast, colour balance, saturation, etc. to the foreground - the hardest part of your compositing job will probably not be keying the green screen smoothly, but blending the disparate backgrounds together in a convincing manner.

Back