MoMo Club, revisited

Back in the olden-days, we had a Movie-of-the-Month Club. It was short-lived, but kinda fun. After having done it before, I think I have some ideas on how to make it better. We had too many rules before. The new MoMo Club would basically have no rules. Maybe one or two, but it would be pretty loosey-goosey.

The general idea is that each month we choose a movie to discuss. My hope is that we discuss it from the perspective of a filmmaker. What filmmaking techniques were employed that worked well? How can we learn from this film?

But that's not a requirement. You can also just comment on whether or not you enjoyed it.

Anybody wanna do this? I'm not going to start it unless I get a handful of people who say they want to be part of it. It's good times, I promise.

No rules huh? Sounds like it could be fun.

Rules are for people like APE. I'm more of a Neo.

No rules huh? Sounds like it could be fun.

Rules are for people like APE. I'm more of a Neo.

No rules, in regards to commenting. Comment whenever you want, however you want.

There would have to be one or two rules, but only in regards to which movie is being discussed, and in which thread.

Shall I count you in?!

I'm interested. I already write reviews of what I have watched on another forum, but it's just me and one other guy that will do in depth analysis, so it's hardly worth writing anything up more than 50 words. :D

I'm happy to rewatch some old classics as well. Hopefully we can find some true gems that not many of us have seen.

I'm interested. I already write reviews of what I have watched on another forum, but it's just me and one other guy that will do in depth analysis, so it's hardly worth writing anything up more than 50 words. :D

I'm happy to rewatch some old classics as well. Hopefully we can find some true gems that not many of us have seen.

Dope! That's three of us. I hope we can get a couple more people, but I suppose we could make it work with just us three. I also write reviews, BTW, so I think it's cool that you do. I'm not prepared to start promoting my reviews here yet. Key word - yet. :)

Anybody else? C'mon, let's get nerdy!

SUGGESTION: When we choose the film we also choose a short film which is thematically/tonally/creatively linked to the feature film choice. The short film can be professional or amateur (or that space in between), and will just add an extra element to the main discussion but also allow people like me, who don't feel like they'll always be able to commit to watching the main film, to get involved!

SUGGESTION: When we choose the film we also choose a short film which is thematically/tonally/creatively linked to the feature film choice. The short film can be professional or amateur (or that space in between), and will just add an extra element to the main discussion but also allow people like me, who don't feel like they'll always be able to commit to watching the main film, to get involved!

Great idea!

Back