Miko from Germany - filmmaker with a VFX toolkit

Hey folks!

I'm Miko, from Poland, but I live in Germany over 10 years. I recently left my job in software engineering to pursue a new career as a filmmaker. So far I did a feature-length documentary with war memories of my grandpa (he's 95 yrs old now), and a music video with a ton of VFX, like, almost a virtual production. I'm also working with friends on gathering stories for a scenario to eventually shoot a movie (probably series) about young Orthodox Christian people living in Germany.

I never went to a film school, but I had camera in my hands a lot, like, A LOT, for the last 15 years - mostly as a photographer, and doing some professional photoshoots in the last years too. I learned a ton about filmmaking on YouTube, and then more about VFX from Ian Hubert's Patreon.

There was a question about my favorite directors in the registration, and I put in a few, but my absolute favorite is Hayao Miyazaki. I just love his unique stories, characters and worlds.

Yeah... I gues that's it! I'd show you some of my work but I can't post links so I'll post them sometime later! Cheers!

Back