• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Messages (Feedback needed for a short)

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate if any of you guys would take the time off and watch my short and give me some feedback on it, I have spent a decent amount of time shooting and then editing this together so any constructive criticism is welcome! :)

I still havent figured out what message I should give out at the end, but I have an idea on what to say but just cant complete the sentences hope all you bright and witty folks can give me some ideas!!

Here are the 2 messages i want to say at the end of the film...

1) In life we should always look at the "Silver Lining", and if you cant see if then.......

2) The Great news about Bad news is that.....

I cant seem to complete any of the above 2 lines with something witty and not too intellectual u know and definitely not some random lines from the internet which have been posted online so hope u can give me some of your original thoughts and yeah watch the video and you will know what I am talking about!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83KE7nnnuHA

Thanks Guys
-A

Um, I think that's gonna be pretty hard to come up with something really meaningful. Unless you're Oscar Wilde :P

Why not just take something from Aesop? Or go through a bunch of proverbs until you find one that fits?

I think that was pretty well done. It was cute, and I like the shot composition and editing. I think there could have been a LOT more TLC with the lighting and audio design.

Kudos.

@Dreadylocks

Hi, Thanks for the watch and ur comment, I really appreciate it! and u yea I did think about picking up something from the internet but changed my mind coz I really didnt quite like the idea of copying a proverb from the internet..:)
I mean it doesn't have to be intellectually simulation but just a funny blurp at the end I suppose...

@Michael

Yea the lighting kinda sucks I agree but then it was all what I had in my room so I kinda didnt have a choice but the audio I can improve on definitely coz that is under my control, and thanks for the +ve feedback!

Hi Guys,

Here are the 2 messages i want to say at the end of the film...

1) In life we should always look at the "Silver Lining", and if you cant see if then.......

2) The Great news about Bad news is that.....

-A

1. In life we should always look at the "Silver Lining", and if you cant see it, marvel at how large looms the

cloud.

2. The Great news about Bad news is that chances are, someone else is getting worse news.

That's the best I could come up with, off the top of my head. Also, I didn't watch the film. I'm headed out the door, so sorry if it doesn't fit.:)

@murdock -> Dude I love the Great news bad news part it strikes a chord in my head! I can definitely use that!

Thanks so much!

-A

@murdock -> Dude I love the Great news bad news part it strikes a chord in my head! I can definitely use that!

Thanks so much!

-A

AAAh:( I thought the first was more poetic.:) Okay try this.

1) In life we should always look at the "Silver Lining", and if you cant see it then.......keep your head out of the f*cking clouds.:)

hey dont get me wrong the first suggestion is Poetic but the short which I have shot isnt umm how can i say it ohh well "Intellectually Simulating" so was looking for a more witty and a humorous phrase considering that the film is about bad news.. and there is only that much we can do to show it in a humorous light :)

Back