Matrix Blu Ray is Impressive

I got the Matrix Bluray today I am more than pleased about the quality improvements. The sound is a lot better on the bluray. The picture looks a lot better on the big screen too. I think this was one of the best Blurays as far as showing the potential of blueray. Amazing they could take a movie from 1999 and make it as good as the modern day movies on Bluerays. No wonder they use the Matrix to advertise Bluray all the time.

Last edited:
Well, it's film!
But yes, it's amazing.
I just got to see Reservoir Dogs (720p) from the bazillionth time... It looks beautiful too, and it was a low budget 90s movie...

Great glad they did Reservoir Dogs justice too. I am always a little worried when I pick up Blurays that they will not be much of an improvement to the DVD since sometimes the Studios are cheap and don't do a A class job of redoing the audio to HD or upgrading to sourround etc... I picked up Bloodsport and the audio was no better then the VHS version. But I guess it is sorta of not a super popular movie though.

I got the T2 Bluray and found out that John Connor's voice on the upgraded sound was pretty high pitched and got annoying compared to the older version at least I could switch to the previous version of the audio. I wonder if I got the Skynet version of the T2 if it's audio is better. The picture quality was great for T2.

Last edited:
A huge difference between the MATRIX (1999) and RESERVOIR DOGS (1991) are the Kodak VISION film stocks weren't around when Tarantino did his film. They have a lot less grain and stand up to HD transfers a lot better than the older kodak film stocks.

Movies pre-1997 have to have a lot of time and care put into them during telecine to look substantially better in HD.

I have the HD-DVD Matrix set (yeah, yeah, I know). After I installed the new AVR, I watched the first film and my only thought was "um, where's the LFE channel?" The soundtrack is so weak. So, I rented the Blu-ray version from Netflix, and wow, what a huge improvement! Definitely double-dipping on this one. Well, triple-dipping actually, since I have them on DVD too.

Back