• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Matchmaker - Short Comedy

Hey all,

I've just put the finishing touches on my short film "Matchmaker". Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think! :)

"The perfect woman comes to a matchmaker to find her perfect man so she won't be lonely for the holidays."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2s3Upm8yM

Thanks!
- Tommy

Before I get to the end: Is her match Bruce Wayne? :) Oh I guess he can't mind read. :)

I dig it.

Haha, I suppose I could have gone with Professor Xavier (when he was younger, of course)! Can't top the Batman though. Thanks for watching and the comments! :)

I thought it was pretty good, but there were quite a few shots of at least the woman that seemed a bit too close for comfort, for example at 2:00. I also think the ending would have worked better if he had told her that the only option was [insert character here], she then get mad and ask if he's joking, and them him retort that yes it was a joke and have him let out the anger he's been so clearly bottling up throughout the short film in a rant. But of course, taste in humour differs between just about everyone.

Despite not being my particular cup of tea though, I did quite like the film, and thought it was pretty well done :) Just needs a couple tweaks here and there.

That was pretty funny, actually. I definitely laughed, on a few occasions. I love the actress. I do have to say, though, as a general filmmaker-to-filmmaker warning, that I think some people might find this to be misogynist. I'm not saying it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else did.

I thought it was pretty good, but there were quite a few shots of at least the woman that seemed a bit too close for comfort, for example at 2:00. I also think the ending would have worked better if he had told her that the only option was [insert character here], she then get mad and ask if he's joking, and them him retort that yes it was a joke and have him let out the anger he's been so clearly bottling up throughout the short film in a rant. But of course, taste in humour differs between just about everyone.

Despite not being my particular cup of tea though, I did quite like the film, and thought it was pretty well done :) Just needs a couple tweaks here and there.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and for the detailed feedback. I agree with your thoughts about the close angles. They can be good for some occasions, but I don't know how well they worked here. And, your idea about the rant can be used in another short, perhaps a sequel? I do like rants :)

That was pretty funny, actually. I definitely laughed, on a few occasions. I love the actress. I do have to say, though, as a general filmmaker-to-filmmaker warning, that I think some people might find this to be misogynist. I'm not saying it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else did.

Thanks, Cracker Funk! I'm glad I've finally made a film you enjoy :P I agree some may find it misogynistic, but honestly I'm not too worried about it. It all depends on how you look at the film and how serious you are about your views on relationships, women, men, etc. Some people view Tarantino's films as too violent or having too much bad language, yet it's still there. Can't please everyone :)

The end made me laugh - good work! Lighting on the matchmaker guy was a little dark though.

Yeah I agree, I think I pushed the shadows a bit too much in post. That combined with already dark lighting on the face didn't help. Thanks for watching and commenting, glad you liked it! :)

Back