Making your own label....

So I want to create my own label such as R.D Productions or something like that....How would I go about creating such a label? :huh:

Creating such a label is easy, making it your own is the hard part. Registered trade mark, world wide, nation wide, doing business as, all that stuff is why people pay lawyers. Think of a really cool name and go see a property rights lawyer.

if ur interested i could do up a design for you?...if u do a sketch or something i'll take a go at it....give u a few variations and such

heres the logo for my 'company' that i did up the other day just to give u an idea

logowhitec9cf.jpg

In Michigan, now don't get confused with me telling you how it is nation wide here in the states because it isn't. So check with your Canadian authorities. But in Michigan, I can call my business anything I want, go down to the country clerks office and pay $35 to get my business licsence and a piece of paper that says I'm doing business as "Your Fav ProdCo". I take that paper to the bank and open up a checking account and apply for a credit/debit card.

Now if someone in LA sees my web site and thinks, "WOW cool name wish it was mine." Does some checking and wants to be a real a$$hole about it, they can go get a lawyer, apply for a national or even world wide doing business as "Your Fav ProdCo" and suddenly I'm fooked. I have to change my name.

Bottom line is, people can be a$$holes and that's why you need to talk with an intellectual property rights lawyer where you live.

Reg said:
So I want to create my own label such as R.D Productions or something like that....How would I go about creating such a label? :huh:

OK... Here's what you do: make the label. That's all there is to it. Say it exists, label some of your DVD's with it, and then it exists. It's that easy :yes: .

As for the logo, be creative. I'll probably re-work mine (a freaky green eye that says "AMF DVD" on it).

P.S. Copyright the label (C) and say it's yours and everything and people will believe you.

well unfortunately it seems as that time zones are getting the better of this deal..lol

just drop me a line at my email with some ideas or sketches and i'll get back to you as soon as i can

cheers

Back