• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Making Aurum

A short preview to an upcoming film, Aurum: this is a preview to the intro of the film, like a trailer, hoping to grab interest.
If you do find yourself interested, contact us and we can tell you more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u0m_q9lOIk

Lots of dead time in the middle of that. Try re-doing the v/o, as well, if you get a chance. Very poppy.

So what's the film about? :)

Lots of dead time in the middle of that. Try re-doing the v/o, as well, if you get a chance. Very poppy.

So what's the film about? :)

No worries on that! It's just a preview to see if it can at least grab some attention, it's gonna be further narrated, in a different setting and sound much better.

Aurum is a film in production based in the year 2050. America's Gold Standard has been recovered due to a total economic breakdown, and the governments now find themselves relying on it; trading it amongst themselves.

For 15 years, a huge credit card company called AURUM Incorporation has become the standard; much like Mastercard or Visa today. Everyone has one, and everyone uses one, because the production of the dollar has been halted, and money is now virtually transmitted, only backed by real gold. AURUM has taken the country's gold through a series of clandestine attacks on the government; both in political movements and in violence, and has taken over the Nation's economy, ruling over it with an iron fist.

A man named John Sinew learns of this plot when his friend is murdered and he is attacked, all his property taken. He finds an alliance with a worker named Beauregard Fausten and learns of his story, and more importantly, his plot: steal all the gold from Aurum and strike it rich in Europe.

John has to make a choice; steal the gold for the two of them, or return it to the people for prosperity.
In a world that seems black and white, only one thing shines with true value; Aurum.

[Extra information; in case you didn't know, Aurum is literally the latin name for Gold; hence the quite sinister foreshadowing of the company's agenda.]

Aurum is literally the latin name for Gold; hence the quite sinister foreshadowing of the company's agenda.]

Fyi, Aurum also happens to be a real-life virtual currency, used by CCP in their scifi EVE Online mmorpg to allow players to digitise their rl money into ingame currency, or to use their ingame currency to trade/buy rl items. Handy to know.

Cool, sounds like a fun story. No way could I have gleaned that info from your almost 4-minute trailer, though. Needs some work. Goodluck :)

Fyi, Aurum also happens to be a real-life virtual currency, used by CCP in their scifi EVE Online mmorpg to allow players to digitise their rl money into ingame currency, or to use their ingame currency to trade/buy rl items. Handy to know.

Cool, sounds like a fun story. No way could I have gleaned that info from your almost 4-minute trailer, though. Needs some work. Goodluck :)
Never heard of the game! Totally looks like we ripped it off that now, though.

And usually we don't release information on movies aside from the trailers, so you were not supposed to get that, just be interested and want to learn more.

The Robin Hood pitch made me want to know more... the trailer may need some trimming, it didn't make me want to know more as it didn't really tease anything for me. The shots were wide for almost the entire trailer, and there wasn't enough detail in the shots (pans across the workbench / shelves area didn't reveal anything of purpose that would let me glean some story from it, full shots of the actor working on something but not cutting to inserts to show us what, etc.). Music was really cool and I like the idea of the reflections as a way to double up on the shot as both a POV and a closeup.

Keep the name, don't worry about the EVE online connection - I like it.

The Robin Hood pitch made me want to know more... the trailer may need some trimming, it didn't make me want to know more as it didn't really tease anything for me. The shots were wide for almost the entire trailer, and there wasn't enough detail in the shots (pans across the workbench / shelves area didn't reveal anything of purpose that would let me glean some story from it, full shots of the actor working on something but not cutting to inserts to show us what, etc.). Music was really cool and I like the idea of the reflections as a way to double up on the shot as both a POV and a closeup.

Keep the name, don't worry about the EVE online connection - I like it.

Thanks a lot man! I will work hard on perfecting this, thanks for all the tips.

I come here because I get no-holds-barred feedback that is mostly intended to be constructive... I figure I shouldn't gloss over anything for anyone else either -- we're all in this together ;)

Back