Make me a film!

Hey guys I own a website and I've made myself a promo film but I really have very little exp. using vegas video, I know some of you have great video skills. Please pm me if your interested in making a short video for my site, a link to your bio will be included so you will be getting thousands of views out of the deal. Heres the site, http://www.VentureCapitalistNetwork.com

hmmmm whats the meaning of this website ? Is it a new sort of XING or FACEBOOK ? :weird:

And one thing is real creepy: This is a Business Website right ? And no matter how BAD the Opening-Video is,
you cant host a video like that on YOUTUBE ! Thats a "no go" for a businnespage like that. :no:

Matt

I signed up for this out of curiosity. Seems like a bunch of spam and adverts versus professional networking. Maybe it just takes time, but I don't see this site as really being useful.

I signed up for this out of curiosity. Seems like a bunch of spam and adverts versus professional networking. Maybe it just takes time, but I don't see this site as really being useful.

wooah. lol. Spam? I'll agree the site is low budget, but I had to start somewhere. Were working on features for members to use. I'm trying to learn how to embed java so I don't have to have that youtube video on my front page. I'm just looking for someone who can make me a better video?

You can just use a straight embed tag on the page... I'm really averse to embedding JAVA players as they tend to play like crap on older computers, you'd be turning off some of your potential clients:

Code:
<embed src="./Videos/intro.mov" autoplay=true controller=false>

All this newfangled technology stuff is cool, but misses the KISS philosophy by a long shot. I prefer to hand code everything I do and I stress test it and speed test it to keep it available to the widest audience (comes from being a web developer during the browser wars - had to support 5 platforms that were trying to shut the other ones out by making their pages incompatible with the others). Cross platform and legacy machines are my primary concerns when making new pages... I don't trust visual webpage editors or premade css/php site builder tools to make accessible code for people to view on a variety of machines.

Not to mention that the code they generate is ugly and convoluted!

As for the video, what are you looking for?

http://www.html-reference.com

Here's what I mean by Spam and adverts, here are some of the things found on the site:

"You Can Own 2% Of A Race Horse For $100/MO."

"Balance Transfer Offers Now!"

"Cars for sale For everyone you know I pay for referalls"

"Hydrogen fuel cell sales"

"Looking for people who need to buy a vehicle with no Pressure"

All I'm saying is that is doesn't really seem like a networking site, but rather a place for people to place their ads on. I mean if you received emails with these Headlines wouldn't you put these in the Spam folder? I would. I'm just saying that this site lacks a certain functionality or purpose. That's all, just constructive criticism. I can make you a better video, but as far as attracting people, the site needs a little more of a network feel, like IndieTalk provides. Instead of adverts, offer forums where people ask questions about setting up a business. I've seen everything except business topics on your site. Does World affairs really have anything to do with networking venture capitalists? Sure, it's interesting reading, and I've even participated in some discussions, but the site goes in a completely different direction than what you advertised it does.

Depending on the type of video you want, I might be interested.

What I don’t understand is what your site does that hasn’t been
done by dozens of other sites. You say “This site lends a hand to
all of the following” and then you list several occupations and
hobbies. What you don’t say anywhere in the site is how this site
lends a hand.

There are sites all over where I can create a free profile to
advertise myself and make connections. Sites with hundreds of
thousands of people - sites with tens of millions of people.

What are you offering that these sites don’t? If I join what will
VCNetwork do to reduce my advertising costs? What will VCNetwork
do to to get me noticed?

Do you, the founder of VCNetwork, have investor contacts who you
will drive to the site?

With these answers I might be willing to make you an excellent
promo.

"You Can Own 2% Of A Race Horse For $100/MO."

"Balance Transfer Offers Now!"

"Cars for sale For everyone you know I pay for referalls"

"Hydrogen fuel cell sales"

"Looking for people who need to buy a vehicle with no Pressure"

You guys are providing excellent feedback. Sometimes its easy to get lost in your own work. I do agree that the forum needs some new topics... Something that can be helpful for people with questions. When I developed to forum I intended on it being used just for people to put their name out so people could find them.

The idea behind the site is that, say one of you register ( Film maker) and someone like me needed a video made so I use the site to find a film maker or whatever type of connection that I need. It could be business partner, inventor, entrepreneur ect.. I just lack the skill to make a video that shows these connections, nor can I think of a way to show all of these connections in a quick 30 second video.

I do agree that the site lacks features. I don't have the money as of now to develop them, they will come in the future. I'm going to try and embed that opening video on my front page. Then create a new page, "Featured Member" and a featured member submission page. This way users can submit their work (video, song, painting, invention ect.) the person who submits the best work will be featured for a week and get tons of views on their profile.

I think the hard part of the business model will be driving investors to the site... People begging for money will be easy to get.

I think the hard part of the business model will be driving investors to the site... People begging for money will be easy to get.

Yea i agree, I hope to get a cluster of great talent so that the investors sort of just hear about the site. I want the site to be populated with so much talent that investors wont be able to ignore it.

Yea i agree, I hope to get a cluster of great talent so that the investors sort of just hear about the site. I want the site to be populated with so much talent that investors wont be able to ignore it.
Are you hoping investors will sort of just hear about your website with no
promotion on your part? What are you going to do to attract top talent
that will attract investors?

Are you hoping investors will sort of just hear about your website with no
promotion on your part? What are you going to do to attract top talent
that will attract investors?

To attract talent and Ideas right now I am promoting via forums, twitter, facebook, myspace, ect. all free promotion right now. Once I get to 500 or 1000 users I'm going to start putting ads up on google looking for investors. I wish I had money to spend on ads right now, but I'm a college student and I have no money. So I'm waiting for my google adsense and when I get it I'll start spending money on advertising.

Cool.

When you're ready and can answer the questions I asked contact
me and I might be able to make you a promo video. It sounds like
and interesting idea. And one where there is a LOT of competition.

Back