Lunch With Any One?

PT Anderson or Alfred Hitchcock (do dead people count? :P)

I love the way both of them can create such interesting characters, and get you so involved in the story. In Magnolia and Rope, I didn't feel like I was watching people on a screen, I felt like I was actually there. I would also like to hear the way they direct actors. Gear would be an interesting topic as well. I wonder what they think/thought about how important 4K cameras and other expensive gear is.

Or David Lynch. Why? Because he's David Lynch.

(Pleas don't lynch me, but...) I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan, so I'd love to have a chat with him, about movies, music and all-things-horror in general!

Hitchcock would be nice too. Or Spielberg.

Alive: Spielberg. Not only is he a master of the craft, but he obviously has a very extensive knowledge of old films too. Could learn a lot.

Dead: Maybe Orson Welles, or Truffaut.

Woody Allen - he's made many of my favorite movies (Match Point, Annie Hall, and Manhattan among others) plus I'm amazed at how many movies he manages to write & direct (roughly one a year). He also works with many of the same people again and again, which is very much what I aim to do (not every person, of course, but quite a few).

King Vidor and Basil Rathbone, and have cocktails afterwards with David Niven. I heard King Vidor speak many decades ago, and it was like a bunch of kids sitting around the old Jewish fishmonger as he told tales about 'the old neighborhood'. I miss old Hollywood and the loss of so many of it's iconic landmarks.

Val Kilmer, Kevin Costner, Sam Elliot, Johnny Depp, Robert Duvall to name a few male actors.
Gillian Anderson (Agent Scully in the X-files) because she is a hot redhead.

Yeah, I gotta agree with GuerrillaAngel, Harvey Weinstein would be a great choice. As would Roger Deakins.

Roger Corman would be very high on my list also.

CraigL

someone has a crush.. ;)

I would take Steve Jobs.. dont think i need to mention why

Because you have a crush on him? ;)

I think I'd have to have a lunch with Kevin Smith, because he's fucking cool, and he'd surely have some great advice to help me move to the next level of filmmaking.

Back