• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Lower Thirds Problem

2vimvdw.jpg

This is the problem. My lower thirds is covering the two kids' faces. I can't seem to think of a work around that would compromise the uniformity of the lower thirds.

Any one have a solution?

Last edited:
Transparent background on the banner?
Maybe just put his name in the middle and get rid of the logo?
Digital zoom on him during the beginning of the sentence, flash his name, and boom! Cut to the full frame, with kids.

Erase the kids, and poof! Make em appear out of sparkle cloud...

Ps. The officer reminds me of Robert Patric from terminator 2 lol

NO T1000!!! Don't hurt those little kids!!!

robert-patrick-to-appear-in-terminator-5--800-75.jpg

Last edited:
Transparent background on the banner?

Maybe just put his name in the middle and get rid of the logo?

Ps. The officer reminds me of Robert Patric from terminator 2 lol

Thing is, I think that would ruin the uniform look throughout the rest of the video. I may just go with the opacity fix...

And holy crap it does... :eek:

Added to my previous post..

"Digital zoom on him during the beginning of the sentence, flash his name, and boom! Cut to the full frame, with kids.

I did similar on my previous interview project. Wasn't the best way, but it worked..

Added to my previous post..

"Digital zoom on him during the beginning of the sentence, flash his name, and boom! Cut to the full frame, with kids.

I did similar on my previous interview project. Wasn't the best way, but it worked..

Excellent! Thank you so much man. I didn't even think about that. :D
Many tacos for you my friend. :cheers:

Can you use a different shot to introduce him?

If that's the mandatory LT, It's the only solution that you've got, really.

Crop the kids out, take the resolution hit, then get away from the cut as fast as you're allowed to.

--EDIT--

Chuk said it already.

Can you use a different shot to introduce him?

If that's the mandatory LT, It's the only solution that you've got, really.

Crop the kids out, take the resolution hit, then get away from the cut as fast as you're allowed to.

--EDIT--

Chuk said it already.

Yeah I'm going to take that resolution hit for about 6 seconds, but luckily, we recorded in 1080 but rendering out in 720. :D

Back