• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Lost Christmas - Short Film

Here we go:

1. Acting could have been better, but you had no other choice.
2. Prevent your actors from looking to the camera.
3. The story was ehhhh. Like why did the "snow angel" show up in the first place? Pretty good concept though. And the last bit on the train was pretty funny.
4. Cinematography was really good. There's just something cinematic when filming in NYC. I don't know why. lol.
5. Sound design is really good.

All in all, it was good! Given that you had to improvise this on the spot. :)

Not bad at all, for something spontaneaous & with mostly stolen spots.

I saw you mention that editing was hard - it usually is, when you don't know what you're shooting. :lol:

I filmed this just for fun while in NYC over the holidays. We had a basic idea for a story and characters but came up with the details as we went. Im pretty happy with how it turned out but i welcome any comments, criticism or positive feedback!

Here's the link
http://youtu.be/e4ivmcdQDwA

Filmed with a Canon T2i and a small LED light (to use as a key light).

Let me know what you think!
L u k e
SleightlyPrismatic - Youtube

Some people have posted very good shorts, but this is art.

Its appeal is on an emotional level which is to say, it engages you the way music or a painting does.

Therefore, a critique must be done differently.

You have a gift not everyone has. You're like the kid in the class who could draw way better than all the other kids.

Some people have posted very good shorts, but this is art.

Its appeal is on an emotional level which is to say, it engages you the way music or a painting does.

Therefore, a critique must be done differently.

You have a gift not everyone has. You're like the kid in the class who could draw way better than all the other kids.

Those are very kind words sir! I really appreciate the encouragement!

For the lighting effects on the girl did you just use a soft mask and do it in AE?

The short answer is... I used trapcode Shine with two really feathered masks. One in a huge oval around her and the second around her face and the center part of her body (so they could keep some detail). The annoying part was having to keyframe the inner part of the mask.

Back