• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for action movie to produce - UK

I am looking for a serious script/scriptwriter. I am able to get around a £20,000 budget to shoot my first movie. I will be shooting HDV 35mm and transfering to 35mm film for a final in post.

I have experience in directing and producing. I spent the last 5 years, since I was 15 travelling and shooting promotional content and movie content for a sports company.

I have access to some extremely valuable contacts and accessories.

What am I looking to produce?
- action movie
- guns, explosions, cars, boats, bikes, planes
- possible drug theam?
- gansters/gangs
- UK only location list (More so South UK than north, London, Bristol)
- feature length

I am not a script writer, but I know what will inspire me to create art on video. Please contact me on info@basementvision.com if you have what im looking for.

If you think you might want to write a script/co-write a script then please get in touch. Any feature treatments welcome.

Any particular reason you're going to do a 35mm film-out? Seems an unnecessary expense, and money that could be better spent on the production budget.

Its still 50% decision really on 35mm film out. I want something that I can show at the cinema. I dont have technical knowledge on 35mm and cinema production yet, I will be getting someone in to assist me on this if I cant find the details online.

Am I right in understanding that many Film Festivals can show from DVD or DV tape, and dont require 35mm film?

At the end of the day, I am going in with the attitude of do it 100% or dont do it atall.

Most festivals can do digital projection, yes. Though I think they generally ask for a different exhibition format than DVD... DVD is usually the suggested format for submission though. There is also a growing number of theaters that have digital projection. Every theater in my area has it, even the discount theaters.

Thanks for your replies Will. I will most defently look at dropping my transfer to film planning and spend the money on production.

Cheers, Alex.

Worst case scenario, you generate the necessary capital after a festival run to do the film print if it will help you get a better distribution deal... ;)

I am a writer director producer moving to Germany on March 24th right after the release of my second feature film BLANK

Last edited:
Back