• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for a partner in crime.

Hello there, this is my first post on indietalk.
My name Ricky. I live in Minneapolis (technically Golden Valley, MN)
& I'm looking for someone in the area who would like to collaborate
on a horror film I'm writing entitled "Club Macabre"

I'd like to meet a producer, writer, director, cinematographer, anyone who is interested in the idea.
Let me know. The title, and concept have been copywritten, so that has been takin' care of.

Get at me. there's gotta be someone out there.

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck with your project!

PS -- Titles and "concepts" are not eligible for copyright protection so far as I am aware, though I am admittedly not an expert in the field.

I intend to shoot in Louisiana.
Wishful thinking. If I can get someone to produce it,
I can write it.
I plan on going and scouting out locations soon,
& would like to also get a feel for the area. Which is mostly remote,
to my knowledge.

I have another horror screenplay that's for the most part, is complete.
The story take is set to take place in Minnesota, mainly in the woods.
It's complex & unique in it's own way I guess. If you'd like more info,
I'd be more than happy to email you.

Last edited:
Welcome, ricky.

Just for clearity and to shed some light in this misconception.
Titles cannot be copyrighted. And the WGA has nothing to do with,
or any say in, copyright.

You can register your concept with the WGA and you can copyright
it but any writer can still make a movie about a girl who is
abducted from a store and lives for ten years with an outlaw
family who run a brothel and is rescued by a couple of twenty
something men. The writer can even set it Louisiana and have them
in pure sadomasochistic hell in the swamp.

Concepts aren’t protected so be careful when posting and telling people.
Your final script can be copyrighted - the concept cannot.

Thanks, I really appreciate that bit of advice. I'm quite aware that concepts are not protected, I guess I just wasn't thinking when I typed that out.

I'm just looking for someone else to collaborate with, who has similar interests, or just wants someone to work with. That "partner in crime" kinda person. S'pose the internet isn't the best place to find people to work with, but networking is networking, none the less. Mpls has it's pros and cons for film & media in general. But where the fuck (pardon my language) are all the writers? Holed up in their lofty caves I bet.

it'd be nice to have some more $$$, take a trip out to Cali, maybe kick it old school & go to UCLA for film.
Wishful thinking, but Minnesota seriously isn't doing it for me. Summers are alright,
but other than that, this place is...the tundra.
I've never been to CA, but it'd be cool to see the hustle & bustle out there, as apposed to here.

I have stacks of ideas, solid ideas...that I've been nesting on for some time. I'm glad I found indietalk, it's a nice site, a good opportunity to network with new folks from all over the place. :)

Last edited:
Mpls has it's pros and cons for film & media in general. But where are all the writers? Holed up in their lofty caves I bet.
There's a lot of indie film folk in the Mpls/St Paul area. (Myself being one) I believe the former Northern Guild is in the process of being revived as well, which will be good.

I'd be interested in talking with you. I've recently come to the decision that Minneapolis is a horror market for the local indie cast/crew available. It would be nice to do more than strictly horror in my opinion, but anything is better than nothing and horror gives me plenty of opportunity to do effects and such.

This is true, I do know quite a few local actors.. Pretty sure I have a decent stack of headshots around somewhere too for those I've met once but don't really "know"

My brother is a theater major who lives in Minneapolis. Many of his friends either work in the stage/film business, or they are talented amateurs. My brother is quite the character (nothing like me ;)), and he is pretty well connected (again, nothing like me).

Doug

There is definitely more to the concept than just horror itself.
It dives a little deeper. That was bad labeling on my part.
But I do envision this "idea" as something that could be disturbing, honest, and utterly beautiful,
all in one. But something that could be completely different for every viewer.
Which is the case with film anyways, so I don' know what I'm babbling about.
Wishful thinking. But possible. Anyways,
I'd love to talk with you more, Will.
When you find the time, email me.

take care

ricky8lee@gmail.com

Meh...too damn warm here (near Richmond VA) for my tastes.

But I have a weird affection for bitterly cold weather.

Must be the goth kid in me.

Heh.

Back