• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Locam ii issue

Hello All,

I purchased a locam ii recently, and have been learning how the bad boy works for a little while now. With that said, one issue I'm having is with the aperture plate of the camera.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the aperture plate out of the body. I've consulted the manual, which says to retract the pulldown claws and register pins, then to grasp the two knobs on the plate and pull straight outwards. I retract the register pins and the pulldown claws by using the film threading knob on the outside of the camera to get the pulldown claws out of the way, then I turn the register pin retract knob 90 degree clockwise, and pull the pressure plate back, and the aperture plate doesn't budge.

Any ideas why? Am I doing the wrong things to get the register pins and pulldown claws out of the way?

In this video, around 1:40-1:47:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTHHLFDSebs&feature=player_embedded

The dude pulls the aperture plate without any problems. Mine doesn't come out at all.

Thanks for anything,

Lucien

He spun the gears several times, perhaps if you crank it a bit and then try, and then keep doing so until it frees up? It looked, from that video anyway, that there is maybe a specific point the the revolution that frees it up to be easily removed, perhaps you're just not in the sweet spot.

He spun the gears several times, perhaps if you crank it a bit and then try, and then keep doing so until it frees up? It looked, from that video anyway, that there is maybe a specific point the the revolution that frees it up to be easily removed, perhaps you're just not in the sweet spot.

Officially, I found the sweet spot. Thanks a million William. Owe you big time.

Excellent. For what it's worth I have absolutely no experience with that camera.. but from watching that video it made sense to me logically, also I've run into similar things with sewing machine parts in the past and the mechanics of a sewing machine aren't terribly different from the sprocket system in a film camera.. ;)

Anyway, glad it worked out for you :D

Back