Lets get serious about distribution

OK. When you think about film making long enough you realise that distribution is the key to the whole business. Without a paying audience film making is just an expensive hobby.

I've noticed that of all the topics that get discussed, distribution is the one that perhaps we talk about least. I think this is because although we all know that we can get a camera, write a script, shoot and edit a film, finding a paying audience is the one part of the equation that alludes most indie film makers worldwide.

I'd like us to change that. Seriously.

As a group we are spread all over the world and each of us is part of a larger, local film making community or even just part of a larger community with an interest in films.

I guess I'm wondering whether that is something that we can make work for ourselves.

Could we, for instance, set up our own international distribution circuit, showing indie films from around the world in local venues using video projection and PA's for the sound?

Just to put a perspective on this, most cinemas in the UK are charged $140-$200 a week to rent a film print, plus a percentage of the box office. This is the same whether it's the local mulit-plex or the local arthouse cinema. The problem with getting cinema distribution for indie films is that the film prints are so expensive, that print runs are kept low and this decreases the chances of the distributor making their money back.

So, lets imagine that between us, right now, we can set up ten UK based indie-cinemas (referred to from now on as i-cinema), maybe a couple in Europe, four in Oz and fifty across the US.

Let's say that an i-cinema is a video projector based cinema, in a non-traditional venue that has a showing once a month and that each night shows four shorts and a feature, charging $5 a head.

Providing that you can cut a deal with the venue in that they get to keep the bar receipts and therfore they give you the venue for free (a pretty easy deal to cut), if $100 dollars goes to the films ($80 to the feature, $5 to each of the shorts), therefore if you can get 50 people a month to the event, the organiser has $150 to cover any other expenses/profit.

This would mean that if a feature was shown across the entire network it would bring in $5000.

Now I know that this is small money, but the actual value of this is that you can build the credibilty of the film by opening it up to a global audience. This could be used either to lever a mainstream distribution deal or to drive direct DVD sales from a website.

The goal, of course is to set up a network of several thousand venues worldwide. With several thousand venues the maths gets to the point where distribution by this network alone becomes commercially viable for lo budget films.

Of course, there are issues. Of which the most important is, are there enough films of a high enough quality to build both audience and the reputation of i-cinema? The whole thing will die a death if people aren't stunned by the quality of the films.

So, talk to me. I'm not suggesting we set this up this week. All I'm doing is suggesting that we may have the power to do something about distribution, other than pretent that it isn't an issue. I'm open to ideas, but more importantly let's talk seriously about this subject and what strenghts we have as an international community.

Just to give a clear idea of where this could go, in the US alone, with just ten i-cinema per state, the takings for a feature from one showing across the whole network would be $400,000.

Last edited:
Clive--you have certainly put some thought into this and the idea sounds great...in theory. Last year, Bophe talked about setting up a local "Indie Film Fest." We planned to rent a location, solicit film submmissions (most likely from IndieTalk and from local film schools), and charge admission. We were hoping to fill at least 4 to 6 hours if not more. This is something we still might do in the future, but other projects are taking priority right now.

You are right about the need for HIGH QUALITY films, but even more important than that is the problem of local marketing. The word has to get out...and to the right people. The best quality films won't make a bit of difference if the seats are empty. This is where I think we will have the greatest challenge...convincing people to spend their time at a show of unknown movies. Another thing to consider is that most larger cities already have some type of Independent Film Fest (here in Philadelphia, we have one that runs a full week and gets the best quality films). Your plan would compete for those patrons.

Finally, your plan detailed above does not factor in the cost of equipment. Where does the video projector and sound amp equipment come from? The local organizer would likely need to rent or buy these items, which would likely eat up all of the profit. I guess what I am saying is--it will take a LOT of work for someone to set up one of these i-cinemas, and that person would most likely want something in return for their time and effort. If the plan is based on paying for the films first, then the organizer gets to keep what's left, the "what's left" at the end of the night may not be enough to be worth while. Someone could always do it just for love...but that may get tiresome after a while. Your plan also mentions that the local venue would keep bar receipts. So you're talking about a bar...this means 21 and over only in the US, potentially cutting out some high school/college patrons. However, not going the "bar" route means renting a facility which would be cost prohibitive based on your idea.

I know I am speaking negatives, but in truth I really like your idea. I would love to see something like this work. I would just suggest working in more of the big picture into the plan to account for all expenses and marketing challenges. Let's keep this one going and see how it evolves. Anyone else?

Yeap, I completely agree with all your points.

However can I answer them with an observation.

If we are each preapared to invest in cameras to make films, editing software, computers, tape stock and fancy script writing software or are prepared to find ways to make films without any money, could we not use the same resourcefulness to distribute them as well.

I know I could blag all the equipment I need to make this work for nothing or minimal costs.

As for the marketing. Well, fifty people isn't that many. There are at least two hundred filmakers alone in my home city.

Like I said I'm open to suggestions, but my main point is that if we really wanted it we could make it happen.

When we were thinking about a film fest, our idea was to market it to local filmmakers and have a panel of guest judges (perhaps local celebs, like radio DJs). We would not pay for films, but rather offer cash-prize awards for films judged to be the best in certain categories. The cash prizes would be a percentage of the ticket sales...so, filmmakers looking to win a prize would want to help increase their potential winnings by helping market the fest and boost attendance. Let the filmmakers do a lot of the advertising work for you!

Again, I like the idea and I hope others join the discussion.

I think this is an intriguing concept to say the least. I'll have more thoughts as this settles in.

Firstly, we wouldn't need 35mm "high quality" films. What we would need is films worthy of being shown. And in a format of say 4 under 15 minute shorts and one 90 minute feature, I think it would be well worth a $5 ticket price. Also, the buzz of presenting an indie circuit to places that don't have anything like it (which is basically everywhere) would be sufficient in itself. Come see tomorrow's cinema stars, directors, and cinematographer's in films more different and unique than Hollywood could ever create.

Where I am, there is no cinemaplex for 20 miles although there is a smaller single cinema that plays the B movies and "last screenings" prints of Hollywood films but that is still 8 miles away, so this would be great for the community. There was a very historic cinema/theater here but it suffered heavy fire damage years ago and has not been restored (a project we have been approached to do but no way we will touch it without major grants) I already have plans for a film festival here, and this would be a great way to determine interest. I have the facility for multiple screenings at the same time and am in the middle of building an 18x24 small "home" theater with projection and surround sound, so I can screen my own films and of course have fun nightly watching my DVD's. But in reality I could not fit more than 20 people in this room and that would be a stretch. 20x5 = $100, and with only 1 or 2 shows a month Im not sure how that could really pay back the filmmakers and still pay for my costs and hopefully put a little bit of money in my pocket (not that Im trying to get rich but I have to at least cover my costs and it should at least pay me a teeny bit for going through all of the trouble). And would a Feature filmmaker really want $15 check for me showing their film to 20 people?

As I said Im playing with having multiple screenings at the same time including outdoor, but that is a ways off. I could put up a tent out on our side lot and fit maybe 50-100 people in a big tent, but again we are talking cost. Now the FF could be financially worth it with two simultaneous screenings worth $20 a ticket, but really thats not what we're talking about here. And forget about renting a cinema or something. No, it would have to be a room at a hotel or something to make it financially work as far as I can see right now. And that is not counting my $1k cost for the projector or anything else.

Again, Im interested in figuring a way for this to work. Nothing could make me happier than to champion some good indie films without distrobution to my community but it has to make sense all the way around.

The way I see this working for sure is that because the print is a DVD or even a CD, we are working straight with the filmmakers, so deals are open from free to percentage. That could be great! Again, Ill keep letting it float around upstairs.

I like your idea, this is one we should all mull over...
Another problem, though, is that not every place has art-house theatres that charge the same prices. I know we booked a cinema for a Friday night for $800 (Canadian) which is pretty good, but if you exit the city, the theatres of that calibre don't exist, and charge rates upwards of $1000-2000 dollars.

Perhaps there could be a kind of "touring company"?
Maybe, contacts in the cities set up the venues, and the company comes down for a week with a sort of "roving film fest". Each city, they could pick up local submissions and add to thier repetoire. People could pay different rates to keep thier films in the circuit for a certain amount of time.
I dunno- just a pipe dream...

Well, I like your idea, but finding the funds for that will require time, effort, and perhaps government grants???

Also, it needs to be different from a film festival somehow... and what are your plans for what movie goes where?

ALSO, advertising is a big part of finding an audience. There are very few people who go looking for films, they usually wait for them to find them... this idea would need to be advertised... a lot.

Well, that's my two cents.

-Logan-

I must admit I really like this idea. As part of my film "education" I have been seeking screenings of low-budget films/short films. While attending film festivals is a great way because of my location they often involve travel/lodging that make attending more than one or two a year cost prohibitive. I have been lucky and have found several events that leads me to believe that clive's ideas are not too far off the mark.

Clive-
As for the marketing. Well, fifty people isn't that many. There are at least two hundred filmakers alone in my home city.

In the past six months I have attended two Flickers in Richmond and I can attest to the fact that at least fifty people were at each event. We paid three dollars to see short films by mostly local film makers. If this often seemingly back water state can support an event like Flicker, I don't see why getting 50 locations stateside would be difficult.

Spatula-
Perhaps there could be a kind of "touring company"?
Maybe, contacts in the cities set up the venues, and the company comes down for a week with a sort of "roving film fest".

Last Thursday I attended the Black Maria Film Festival after receiving an unsolicited email (who ever said spam is all evil ;)) This was my first experience with them, but they sure sound like what you are describing. Attendence at this event, while not filling the house was by my estimation near or surpasing the fifty attendees mark.

Doesn't seem that getting people in the door is that difficult.... keeping them coming back.... well... quality has already been discussed.

That's interesting... just checked out the website (thx for the link)... I didn't know something like that even existed (beyond my own elusive head)...

But, Clive... seriously, why not draw up a business plan (if you have time) and propose it here... it would be interesting to see... even if we can't all get somthing together right away, it could stir up some eventuals, maybe even some "future plans"???

-Logan-

But, Clive... seriously, why not draw up a business plan (if you have time) and propose it here... it would be interesting to see... even if we can't all get somthing together right away, it could stir up some eventuals, maybe even some "future plans"???

I'd be more than happy to draw up a business plan when I think we've got the problem cracked. The comments so far are definately helping.

It seems to me that the problem with a monthly event is that it can only show twelve feature films a year and yet to work financially you need a minmum of fifty to one hundred film-makers who are committted to showing the films. This would mean that someone or a panel would have to decide which films got distributed. Either that or there are a selection of films on the circuit and each i-cinema franchisee would programme to suit the tastes of their audience. (just like real cinema)

There's been a lot of talk about local festivals and maybe there is a way of combining the two ideas. This would mean that as a test of the idea or as a launch maybe we organise the first i-cinema festival, where the same programme of films is shown at sixty venues worldwide, all showing digitally. I think this could work because the local organiser could mix in the best of local talent with the international selection.

I'm off to th Commonwealth Film Festival in the next couple of days, maybe I'll talk to some of the international film makers there about these issues and see if we can widen the net. I think the marketing will be a lot easier if we can send out press releases to local press expalning that a worldwide network of filmakers is organising the world's largest film festival, with the same film showing at venues in twelve counties and fifty states.

I just thought of another point.. Can you clarify?
Are these films to be shown at the same time at every venue?
A lot of filmmakers like to see thier own works in the theatre to gauge audience reactions..

But what if... say you have a circuit of 50 theatres. Imagine it as a big dotted circle on the map of North America, if you will. Now, if you have 50 employees of the festival on each dot, and every week they rotate, the 50 movies go around the whole circuit with 2 weeks to spare at the end of a yearly cycle. At the end of that year, those 2 weeks could be a sort of "best of the circuit" showing... Do you get what I'm saying?

It would be harder because of the weekly costs, but that's something I'm afraid I can't really figure out.. it would allow people's movies to go all across the continent in a year... maybe if they pay $400 (which is fair for the number of showings) for a full year subscription, and with that they get advertising within the festival, comp tickets, etc... You might end up getting a movie that has acclaim, and as it tours, it could snowball and make the festival very popular... I guess the filmmaker should get back maybe a percentage of his fee through ticket sales.

I dunno, hope that makes sense.

-Logan-

But what if... say you have a circuit of 50 theatres. Imagine it as a big dotted circle on the map of North America, if you will. Now, if you have 50 employees of the festival on each dot, and every week they rotate, the 50 movies go around the whole circuit with 2 weeks to spare at the end of a yearly cycle. At the end of that year, those 2 weeks could be a sort of "best of the circuit" showing... Do you get what I'm saying?

I understand. The High Def festival tours the world much like this, fewer venues, but all high profile events.

The advantage of the approach you've suggested is that you could increase the quality of the showings by touring hte projection and sound rigs as well, with a crew. You'd have a travelling festival, with the local organiser finding a venue and handling publicity.

That's certainly another way of looking at it.

The good news is that we've only been looking at this for twenty-four hours and we've already a selection of ideas to consider, which is the main reason I asked this question in the first place.

Keep the ideas coming.

Well, I was more or less thinking along the lines that each location has a weekly showing of one of the 50 films, and the films go from location to location weekly.
It's daunting, but it would give a chance for 50 films to go to 50 locations in 50 weeks.

You could call it the "50 film marathon" or something, lol.

That way, every one of the 50 films could be in a constant rotation around the venues. Some might do well in certain areas, some might not, but next week, there'd be another one. It would probably take a LOT of planning, a LOT of money, but there are grants, sponsors (local and international). Local sponsors could be part of the weekly plan, international could sign on for a year, or so... I see potential there for funding...
The big problem would be to get a venue to do a fest every week... that could get pricey.. you'd probably have to start smaller than this, but it could work...

-Logan-

Clive,

Excellent thread, I love the idea of a DIY distribution chain.

The main problem I see is getting butts into seats. Not the first time, that should be no problem. It's the 10th and 25th time I'm worried about. What's the hook here? It's an easy sell for filmmakers (get distribution without having to jump through hoops and sell your firstborn). But I see the audience as a problem because you're basically telling them that they are seeing a film that's good enough to pay $5 for but that isn't good enough to get more traditional distribution (which filmmgoers might equate with quality). If the hook is simply "Great films, not compromised by traditional distribution" which might appeal to the film-lover, how is that different from a festival?

A possible solution is advertising this as "A monthly film festival". The audience gets the thrill of independent filmmaking they usually see at festivals but they would get that every month instead of every year. Also, if you had a subscription service (mentioned earlier and discussed below), you could use some of the funds to advertise about the the program and all the films. Messages would go out to filmmakers and film-lovers everywhere with targeted emails about the film coming up at the location near them.

I don't think any solution that requires a traveling team taking equipment to and from locations would work. Who pays for the team to eat, sleep, travel, etc? It seems negotiating with digital cinemas (or even film cinemas) with the power of a large group of interested filmmakers behind it would be a better way to go. The only thing that would move from venue to venue would be the print (or tape). The local "subscribee" could introduce the film and the program if the filmmaker wasn't there.

I think some power might come from having some kind of subscription program as mentioned in an earlier post. I pay $500 (or more) per year and I have a guaranteed slot in the Digital Cinema closest to my home on so-and-such date. Whoever administers the subscription fund would buy screening times in bulk from a group of digital cinemas (about 40 currently in the US but more coming online all the time) instead of setting up sub-standard venues with dodgy equipment and no one to call if the system breaks down. The advantage of a subscription program where theaters are negotiated with is that the theater is top quality and by buying screening times in bulk, I get a decent screening time and don't have to worry so much about the technical details.

Just some thoughts. I think there's something here, just not sure which direction might work. Very interested in other's ideas.

Any chance we can make this a sticky?

Hum, I'm not sure it should be an other film festival, we already have so many of them...
What about making it as a hudge international cine-club, like let's say every rep would have to find an agreement with a local theatre and let's say every Monday or Tuedsday night organize a screening. The theatre would charge the regular price (let's say 10$) 3$ goes to the filmmaker, 3 to the local organizer and 3$ to the theatre, 1$ to the promoton of the next screening (see below).
The think is the screening day would have to be a day that thetares don't have that much attendance...
Then advertizing would include posters, sending e-mails and making phone calls to film critics, maybe also to local distributors (and with time they might write down the weelkly appointment in their agenda...)
Then we should have a website that includes the screenings (dates, cities...) with a synopsis for each film and a press kit. There should be a part in which people can write their opinions on the films (those people who would have attended the screening of a film should be able to write a short critic on it. And, beleive me, the best way to keep your audience is to make them feel responsible for the event, give them a part to play...
Maybe we could aslo organize a vote, for public prizes (in this case there would be no money involved yet), so that at the end of the year, we can
1) organize a vest-of tour...? hmmm
2) send the acclaimed films to films distributors and even if they don't distribute them , they might help financing your next feature...

Anyway, I have many ideas on this question but let me know what you think.

Great ideas all around. We can always count on Clive to start something interesting!

One thing that you all might consider is that you might be able to get an auditorium cheap or free at a local university...and then you also get close to many indie supporters at the school.

Perhaps if your local U has a film department, you could use them as volunteers...running the equipment, selling the refreshments, escorting the filmmakers who attend. You'd want to price it so you have student discounts, so everyone wins, but make sure you advertise outside of the U so it doesn't become a U event. You obviously want to get people from outside the U attending the show too.

Chris

If you blend the concepts of a local film fest and an i-Cinema network that Clive first suggested, you might get the best of both worlds. Promote the festival and solicit short film submissions from the local talent (film schools and other local filmmaking clubs). They will welcome a venue to show their work AND most likely fill the seats with friends and family. That could be the first half of the show. The second half could be devoted to the quality shorts and one feature that are being distributed throughout the network, as per Clive's idea.

Great idea...

clive said:
OK. When you think about film making long enough you realise that distribution is the key to the whole business. Without a paying audience film making is just an expensive hobby.

I've noticed that of all the topics that get discussed, distribution is the one that perhaps we talk about least. I think this is because although we all know that we can get a camera, write a script, shoot and edit a film, finding a paying audience is the one part of the equation that alludes most indie film makers worldwide.

I'd like us to change that. Seriously.

As a group we are spread all over the world and each of us is part of a larger, local film making community or even just part of a larger community with an interest in films.

I guess I'm wondering whether that is something that we can make work for ourselves.

Could we, for instance, set up our own international distribution circuit, showing indie films from around the world in local venues using video projection and PA's for the sound?

Just to put a perspective on this, most cinemas in the UK are charged $140-$200 a week to rent a film print, plus a percentage of the box office. This is the same whether it's the local mulit-plex or the local arthouse cinema. The problem with getting cinema distribution for indie films is that the film prints are so expensive, that print runs are kept low and this decreases the chances of the distributor making their money back.

So, lets imagine that between us, right now, we can set up ten UK based indie-cinemas (referred to from now on as i-cinema), maybe a couple in Europe, four in Oz and fifty across the US.

Let's say that an i-cinema is a video projector based cinema, in a non-traditional venue that has a showing once a month and that each night shows four shorts and a feature, charging $5 a head.

Providing that you can cut a deal with the venue in that they get to keep the bar receipts and therfore they give you the venue for free (a pretty easy deal to cut), if $100 dollars goes to the films ($80 to the feature, $5 to each of the shorts), therefore if you can get 50 people a month to the event, the organiser has $150 to cover any other expenses/profit.

This would mean that if a feature was shown across the entire network it would bring in $5000.

Now I know that this is small money, but the actual value of this is that you can build the credibilty of the film by opening it up to a global audience. This could be used either to lever a mainstream distribution deal or to drive direct DVD sales from a website.

The goal, of course is to set up a network of several thousand venues worldwide. With several thousand venues the maths gets to the point where distribution by this network alone becomes commercially viable for lo budget films.

Of course, there are issues. Of which the most important is, are there enough films of a high enough quality to build both audience and the reputation of i-cinema? The whole thing will die a death if people aren't stunned by the quality of the films.

So, talk to me. I'm not suggesting we set this up this week. All I'm doing is suggesting that we may have the power to do something about distribution, other than pretent that it isn't an issue. I'm open to ideas, but more importantly let's talk seriously about this subject and what strenghts we have as an international community.

Just to give a clear idea of where this could go, in the US alone, with just ten i-cinema per state, the takings for a feature from one showing across the whole network would be $400,000.

I keep reading this thread and thinking about the idea...

In it's most simplest terms, it sounds similar to a traveling film fest EXCEPT that the facilitators nor the films themselves would be traveling... LOL. I would think that just about any university town would be a good prospect for a venue... I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico USA and I can think of 3 venues right here in a city of less than 100,000 (not to mention the university itself).

I can see this idea running in a similar way a franchise would... i.e., to make sure your possible state venue is SERIOUS, charge an affiliation fee but keep the fee in the realm of reality so that a self starter/go getter could literally create something out of nothing. I also agree with the idea of charging the filmmaker some kind of up front fee for the distribution chain to show his or her film. This way, the organization is making something right off to pay for a web site, DVD copies, posters, etc. etc. All these promotion items would then be available to the venues. A promotional blast of emails, radio spots, etc. could be used to fill the seats... If combined with local filmmaking talent, this could be even easier. I also like what another poster said about getting the audience involved... Making them become part of the process is one way of making the idea work in the long run.

If run correctly, a filmmaker could, in effect, hit each city that his or her film is playing in and make DVDs available for sale OR this could be part of the organization's service in exchange for the up front fee with a percentage going to the filmmaker. Instead of making it just another night at the movies, it would need to become an event. I would love to see something like this running once a week in our city but something tells me it might not fill the seats once a week however, maybe the seats wouldn't need to be filled to show a profit --depends on the venue I suppose.

If consistent advertising could be purchased (newspapers, radio), I could see the majority of the seats being filled here in my city but that's exactly what it would take. Another idea would be getting filmmakers to make appearances and do a Q & A. Most of the audiences I see in indie film theaters are not the usual movie audience... They have a genuine interest in films... Some in filmmaking or some aspect thereof.

Another key would be to pack as much punch in the event as possible yet keeping it down to say... 3 hours or hopefully, less. It's hard to get people to commit that much time on a weekly basis unless they have a reason to really and truly anticipate the event.

I really like the idea of slamming our ideas and thoughts here though... I could also see an organization like this inviting distributors and acquisition exectives that reside in each venue and maybe eventually extending its distribution arm in a way similar to FilmMovement.com --Lots to think about, that's for sure and one hell of a committment. It would definitely be a full time job.

filmy

All these ideas to me seem possible. aside from having a travelling festival, it would be a guaranteed success, welles used to exhibit some of his films with a travelling roadshow. But for an indie based fest it just seems a bit out of reach. Now one idea that hasnt been touched upon concerning venue is having it as an outdoor event. Tropfest in australia reels in 100,000 every year and its only one night. Now i'm not suggesting anything on that scale. But with an outdoor venue you attract more than just your die-hard film buffs. Families will come, couple, teens to hang out. What this needs to be is not a weekly thing! A yearly festival. Start it small. A park somewhere, two or three films, see where it goes from there. Getting the equipment in an outdoor venue i know is the challenge, but it has been done quite well. I havent fully thought this through yet, seeing as i should be working, but i think having it as an outdoor event will attract a much larger audience. and who wants to start a festival that only manages 50 people a screening anyway.

If you have 50 venues holding 50 people every week, by the end of the year, that's 120,000 people a year who have seen and been a part of independant cinema. If you run that 5 years, that's over half a million people.
If it's about money, it won't work. If it's about passion for cinema, then you have just shown half a million people the power and scope of independant cinema (not to mention advertisers, industry scouts, etc).
Now, the travel and scope is the hard part, but this can't just start as another festival. The whole thing that makes this idea unique is the "gimmick" of the bigger scope. It's almost like a franchise, yes.. but that could be appealing to a lot of sponsors due to the fact that they are getting multiple ads in multiple places for relatively low costs (assuming ths=is can be pulled off cheaply). I do, however agree that this plan needs to start somewhere small... perhaps with a few select cities and grow from there...
I'm sure I can get Toronto... it's only $650 for a weekday (Mon-Thurs) and I'm sure the manager would appreciate an idea like this and possibly lower the price...
I like that "getting filmmakers out" and FAQ's and stuff... we have tons of schools with film departments, and I'm sure if someone approached them with this idea, it would benefit thier curriculum and support our cause.
All we need are the films, the support, the people and the venues.
From there, I think this would really work!

Good work Clive! Look what you've started!!!

-Logan-

Lot's of good ideas here.

I agree with filmjumper that essentially we are looking at a franchise, run by filmmakers for filmmakers.

It seems to me that that as well as running the event the local franchisee could also act as an agent for filmmakers wanting to submit films for distribution via the network.

I think that the key issues here are to make the franchise economically viable for the organiser, to have a bomb proof distribution network and to make sure that quality of the events and the films are such that we have a growing audience rather than a receeding one. These are all fairly interesting issues.

I also agree that we should be seeing this project as a means of drawing attention to high quality indie films that currently are not getting the audiences they deserve. I think the test of the network will be our ability to push unknown films and filmmakers into the mainstream.

I'm going to think some more about this.

Back