Lesser Know Movies that are Great

My recommendation would be Dancer in the Dark by Lars von Trier. One of those Dogma efforts, tho he broke some of the rules. Incredibly powerful. and it's in English for those of you who don't like to read your movies.

also if your into the Dogma thing, the Celebration is quite good. I think that one is in Danish or German

I enjoyed the more recent "The King is Alive"... I think it's a much more artistic use of the Dogme rules, whereas I think most Dogme films are simply excuses to be lazy - Don't like them much as far as they go, but I appreciate the initial intent and the changes they made to cinema as a whole, even though I like almost none of the Dogme films.

Twins Of Evil (Hammer Horror)

To Die For 2 -- Son Of Darkness

Nemesis

Nemesis 11 -- Nebula

Hands Of Steel (Atomic Cyborg)

Dito on The Nineth Gate

The Colossus Of New York

Colossus: The Forbin Project

The Quester Tapes

Genesis

Genesis II -- Planet Earth

The Ultimate Imposter

The Girl Most Likely to

Who Is Julia?

Parts: The Clonus Horror (This made for TV movie was ripped off by the big screen movie THE ISLAND)

The Andromeda Strain

Android

Which version? The original that was (IMO) closer to the book-or that disappointing TV remake they made a few years ago?

knightly,

Dogville is pretty good by Lars von Trier, not Dogma 95, but unusual...

A couple of lesser seen movies...

White Oleander Michelle Pfeiffer (sp), Renee Zellweger, Alison Lohman
A girl ends up in numerous foster homes after her narcissistic mother goes to prison for murder, and yeah, mom did it and doesn't care that he's dead

Trauma Colin Firth, yeah, Oscar winner Colin Firth, tries to recover from the death of a girlfriend who might not be dead

Lost and Delirious two girls in an all girl school become romantically involved with bad results

-- spinner :cool:

The original dubbed version (1986) of Myazaki's Laputa: Castle in the Sky *NOT* the most recent one with Anna Paquin. The first dubbed one was TOPS.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=481

%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-box-anime-laputa-castle-in-the-sky-togethere-43991-mayu-san-medium-1924b1ee.jpg

If anyone has a copy on VHS, I would pay dearly for it. We had one, but have since lost it to who knows where. I first saw this film in 70mm surround sound in 1990 and it has, hands down, some of the BEST action sequences to date. Steampunk anime with some fantastic characters and incredible visuals.

I did not see the re-release so I can only speak for the "original" version.

Back