Lesser Know Movies that are Great

I'm going to put in "Undercover Blues" (now available on Netflix Streaming)... one of the funniest movies ever - entirely quotable, almost every single line.

Absolutely agree on Shadow Of The Vampire.

"Three O'Clock High" with Casey Siemaszko - very stylized, very funny, very above-average high school comedy.

"Overnight" - I recommend this to all filmmakers, screenwriters, etc. as a reminder to stay humble if things get good all of a sudden.

gelder

I would like to second Elephant, KIDS, Inland Empire, and Shadow of a Vampire.

My recommendation would be Dancer in the Dark by Lars von Trier. One of those Dogma efforts, tho he broke some of the rules. Incredibly powerful. and it's in English for those of you who don't like to read your movies.

also if your into the Dogma thing, the Celebration is quite good. I think that one is in Danish or German

If you have kids or a girlfriend, or you really really trust me... watch "Stardust".

It bombed in theaters (I blame advertising) but it's an excellent fairytale. One of the coolest stories and most unique characters I've ever seen. Robert DeNiro's part is hilarious.

And Danjama, Kids was the first real movie that moved me and made me want to write - I actually had to sneak into the theater to see it (I was 15 or 16 at the time of its release). Elephant was real good as well, though I am a huge van Sant fan. And Wait Until Dark, if I am not mistaken, gave Audrey Hepburn an Oscar nod

That's funny, Kids was one of my big writing influences too :yes: It really was a powerful film - I think the effect on me as a Londoner enchanted by New York was amplified. Wait Until Dark must be one of Hepburn's most underrated films, and I'm always trying to recommend it to people - they rarely listen though, their loss.

Star Wars?

Might as well add Avatar on that list.

Also, the little fantasy about a boy named Harry...

Last edited:
I would have to say this 1970s film(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072285/) which was banned from sweden due to its high capacity in violence, a film which inspired director quentin tarantino to write and direct kill bill vol: 1 & 2. "They Call Her One Eye!!"
936full-thriller%3A-a-cruel-picture-poster.jpg

I luv that flick

Twins Of Evil (Hammer Horror)

To Die For 2 -- Son Of Darkness

Nemesis

Nemesis 11 -- Nebula

Hands Of Steel (Atomic Cyborg)

Dito on The Nineth Gate

The Colossus Of New York

Colossus: The Forbin Project

The Quester Tapes

Genesis

Genesis II -- Planet Earth

The Ultimate Imposter

The Girl Most Likely to

Who Is Julia?

Parts: The Clonus Horror (This made for TV movie was ripped off by the big screen movie THE ISLAND)

The Andromeda Strain

Android

Of what?

Oh- I know what you mean. I've been creeping on this site a while now (see my welcome post of yesterday) and I know everyone gets rattled if the A word gets spoken.

Back