lens

Hi all,

I need some info on lens. Now what I need to accomplish is that I should point at the object from 8-10 feet and get the B.g and foreground out-of-focus and only the actor standing at that distance in focus. i.e. obtain minimal depth of field. Now I dunno much of the numbers on the lens.

So would anyone enlighten me on this?

I am planning on Panasonic AG-HPX500. so what kinda of lens fits to obtain the desired result.

Regards,
Ace.inc1

Yeah, at least 85mm. You'll probably find a lot of good zooms for that camera - being that it is 2/3" format so you'll have plenty of room to play.

Like this one, for example:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=FUXA17X76BRM&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

How much of the actor are you hoping to frame? Is the subject distance locked, or could you go much closer to talent on a wider lens. Object distance is usually bigger bang for you buck in terms of changing DoF than other parameters.

Without knowing the type of shot, closeup, med, or wide we can not answer your question.
For a shot that would be from the head to the knee would use a 24mm lens at f/2 and the camera be setup 19 feet 8 inches from the subject. A closeup would call for an 85mm lens at 19 feet 8 inches. But to choses your lens you also need to know what size of a field of view you need for the shot, and that will change the distance between the camera and you subject which will change the focal lenght of the lens.

Terry

Back