• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Knee Surgery 30 sec. short

I'm a pansy and can't watch watch these types of things. I'll have to skip viewing this. :cry:

(I got to see "The Alleghanian" though, and that was really well cut) :)

Zensteve said:
I'm a pansy and can't watch watch these types of things. I'll have to skip viewing this. :cry:

(I got to see "The Alleghanian" though, and that was really well cut) :)

Did anyone see the stomach surgery scene in Super Size Me ? Yechhhh!

bottomunion said:
I took my DV cam into knee surgery with me and shot footage through the whole thing, and later that day, put this little short together....Enjoy!! music by Frogholler of Berks County, PA.

http://www.bottomunion.com/HaikuFilms/Knee.html

So if you shot the footage, that means that you were awake during the whole thing. No general anesthesia...no twilight sleep... BottomUnion es moy macho than Ricardo Monteband! :D (man, I hope someone gets the SNL reference :cool: )

Last edited:
carol rose said:
So if you shot the footage, that means that you were awake during the whole thing. No general anesthesia...no twilight sleep... BottomUnion es moy macho than Ricardo Monteband! :D (man, I hope someone gets the SNL reference :cool: )

I had a spinal, so I was numb from the waste down, my thighs felt like big water balloons. The Dr. was pretty cool about me having the camera with me. He tried to give me a live feed into his scope camera which was inside my knee and about 2 mm wide...but we had translation problems, my camera being NTSC, and his camera being PAL...at least I'm fairly certain that was the problem...so I had to settle with shooting the TV screen in front of me.

CootDog said:
Wow, that was actually well done. What kind of cam did you use?
Great work... Hope things are better now with the knee

Panasonic DVX100...I'm loving this camera. The knee is coming along...Thanks...

I don't know if it was the music or what, but for some reason, it reminded me of one of those education shorts you'd see on PBS during Sesame Street.

Nice work.

hey bottom. is this quicktime? i cant view it from this computer. can you maybe make an avi or wmv of this.

My 7 year old kid (Who wants to be a doctor) and I love watching the TLC medical shows where they show operations. 99% of the human body looks like raw chicken meat. only the liver and pancrease is hard to watch. Everything else isnt that bad.

99% of the human body looks like raw chicken meat. only the liver and pancrease is hard to watch.

Watching cheap horror with gallons of squirting corn-syrup...
smiley_yes.gif

Seeing zombies chow down on helpless victims' brains...
smiley_yes.gif

Viewing a real person whose skin is not 100% intact...
smiley_no.gif

I'm out of action if I stub my toe.

U should have spent more time on the operation.

I saw less then 3 seconds of footage.. I wanna see the raw chicken meat.

seriouslly.. what did you do to have this life risking presidure done.

yeah.. my spelling sucks.

Some people can't stomach the operation stuff (ZenSteve???)...the scalpel was like a mini pac man with razor jaws, chewing up the torn parts of the ligament. I have about 30 minutes of coverage from the actual operation. The injury happened while playing basketball last year...torn ACL and Miniscus...I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It's really not fun.

Cool stuff. I loved the music! So you were up and walking the same day as knee surgery? Can they do that now? What's this here lightie box thing in front of me?

Poke

I liked it. I liked how you took everyone in and out really quick. I wished that you had held some moments out a little longer in places. I felt like if I blinked I would miss something. You're either very brave or very weird. I don't think I could have taped my own surgery.

Back