just wondering...

I have seen public enemies and noticed some different cameras were used during the film...can anyone tell me what cameras they could have used?...because there are certain scenes that look professional and then there are the shooting scenes in a hotel in the woods where the action seems live...what is the difference between those scenes and the live looking ones?...when using a 16 mm camera you get that live effect?

ok nevermind i got my answer....got to this article later though
ok so what looks like traditional film is shot in 35 mm and what looks more realistic is digital ...
am I right or am I wrong?

These are the format systems listed on IMDB Pro for the film. Mann has a history of multiple formats.

Arriflex 235, Cooke S4 Lenses / Arriflex 435, Cooke S4 Lenses / Sony CineAlta F23, Zeiss DigiPrime and Fujinon Lenses / Sony HDC-F950, Zeiss DigiPrime and Fujinon Lenses / Sony PMW-EX1

Video historically has always had a more live looking movement than film. Think of a soap opera vs. a dramatic motion picture. Just giving you the extremes, there are many things you do do with video these days to get closer to the film look. Or are you saying you want to achive the video look? That's a rare one 'round these parts ;)

No I was wondering what I can do to achieve a "closer to film look"...because I wanna purchase a camera to get started on some projects but I really don't know where to start. I have read some of the stuff in camera talk but I really can't decide on something....

No I was wondering what I can do to achieve a "closer to film look"...because I wanna purchase a camera to get started on some projects but I really don't know where to start. I have read some of the stuff in camera talk but I really can't decide on something....
The reason you have read the posts but still can't decide is there is no magic answer. Film is film. Video is video. Just get to filmmaking ;)

Back