• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Julia's Grave

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't up my alley. I think maybe there could have been a little more with the note. Maybe a reading.. or less talking of what you were thinking. I"ve been listening to a lot of Doctor Who radio dramas lately, and it works for that medium, but I feel you should have let your hands do the talking with handling the note... let the conflict show there. Does that make sense to anyone? Don't let that discourage you though... I did get the vibe that this was somewhat personal, and your heart for the project showed through, which I think is important. I loved the music at the beginning. I thought it was just some cool atmospheric (i'm big on atmosphere) sounds. If it was something you wrote, or friends you had do it for you, I suggest you keep working with them. Kinda takes me back to the moody tunes from the Silent Hill video game series, which i loved!

Real quick, a nice mood was set with the weather and setting. I really liked that, and as far a sound goes, I have a pair of clip-on binaural mics i got from minidisco.com (along with my mini disc recorder) and they work pretty well for the kind of stuff you did, where it was just you talking. I don't know if that will help you in the future or not. They're good for recording events, and things like ambient sounds... helps make you feel like it's going on around you. It takes some experimenting though. Anyways, I just thought i'd throw my final thoughts up! They're more positive than the last thing i wrote there i hope!

Here is the revised version (I only added a logo and fixed the audio)...but it is only the first four minutes. To see what the letter says (it does say something now), you will have to either see it at a festival, buy it on DVD later this year (on a compilation DVD), or I will release it online later this year...

Back