it's time for a new independent movie industry

funches said:
..so ZenSteve, I know you meant all those things in a good way?...right?

No. I mean it in a helpful way.

I enjoy seeing people succeed. I really do.

I cannot see you succeeding on the path you are taking, though. You are trying to pull together support for some revolutionary new system... it is you who should be bending over backwards to make sure people understand what your goal/vision is.

Clearly there was interest in your plan... the thread would not have gone on this long if noone cared. I do not understand your self-destructive method of tackling the (difficult) task of networking and building some support.

funches said:
ok ZenSteve since I cannot get the discussion going one way,
then I shall (create another venue) to get this discussion going

Surely ZenSteve you must have produced an Independent movie? and I going to assume this Independent movie is awesome, nothing like it ever, a real need to see movie,.. so what's the name of your movie and if your movie was not promoted thru the hollywood system, what resources do you plan on using to get it to the the silver screen?

Why try poisoning the well, good funches?

Look at my profile. It clearly states what kinds of film I make.

I am not claiming to be you, nor claiming ambitions to be better than you... whatever that may entail. I'm not the one trying to drum up support for a new indie-film industry based on a film-idea I have.

The burden is upon you to:
  • Be clear
  • Be concise
  • Be willing to explain, when needed
  • Work at establishing good relationships

If you just don't have "people skills" (many people do not)... find/hire someone to represent you that does.

You are killing your project with every poor post you make. It does not have to be that way, funches.

OK. I'm going to have one last shot at explaining this and then I'm out of here.

...er..look Clive, now you are trying to rally your minions to abandon this thread..you as a moderator thinks this is a good idea?.. well maybe there are those that choose to think for themselves

Two posts before mine you were complaining that people were not having the discussion you wanted to have. And I quote

.is this place full of proofreaders looking for holes in my posts instead of offerring ideas?..for the thirteenth time, it's a discussion of creating another venue.you guys are getting spooky

I was merely suggesting that those of us not interested in being positive about the project should leave the discussion so it would stop beng an argument and could continue on with those people you support your ideas. I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU GET A MORE POSITIVE DISCUSSION AND MOVE YOUR PROJECT FORWARD.

so again Clive I have to point out the fact that you don't read my post clearly...so use your quote button and point out where I suggested starting a web ring..it seems like you are becoming the new master of mis-quotes

If you read my post CLEARLY you'd see that I said "I think this is what funches is suggesting, but I could be wrong." What I was giving you was an opportunity to go say something like

"Actually, I'm not suggesting a web ring, my idea is this (insert idea)" which would have allowed everyone to participate in the discussion. Again, I was trying to give you an opportunity to move the discussion forwards.

.look Clive, now you are trying to rally your minions to abandon this thread..you as a moderator thinks this is a good idea?.

You keep on banging on about me being a moderator as though that gives me special powers, which it doesn't. You are the one who is setting me up as an authority figure. My opinions in this thread are based on my fourteen years as an award winning media professional, in particular my eleven years in advertising and marketing and my nine years as a sucessful award winning independent filmmaker. Me being a moderator is irrelevant.

However, it's nice to have minions. :lol:

And finally

well maybe there are those that choose to think for themselves

People will always think for themselves. I don't have any power over people here. However, what I do know is that some people value some of my opinions, which is something that I've earned over the years by sharing what little knowledge I have with other people here and being supportive of their work.

As for my people communication skills…its call the slap of reality technique

And reality couldn’t get anymore clearer than the question asked of ZenSteve, in which he started back-peddling and chewing biscuits…why?... because he now know what I’m talking about, it’s no venue that he could have placed his movie in, so therefore he couldn’t answer that question, if I’m wrong about this then answer the question

You guys are trying to make like it’s my project, but it’s everyone’s problem, well at least we now know its ZenSteve’s problem

So let me pose my question of what to discuss another way…how could we get a ZenSteve movie to the silver screen …oh heck let’s make it easier..how to get a ZenSteve Movie to the television screen, what resources could be used or combined to accomplish this?

ZenSteve could be the Independent Filmmaker’s poster child…the favorite son…or for those that are against the idea of creating another venue and choose to worship the Hollywood Gods. then let’s find a way to send a ZenSteve movie to Hollywood so he can open up the flood gates. with the combine effort of the independent community if can simply be done,

This is what I’m trying to start a discussion about....these films are made and then do what with them? anyone have any ideas?…please leave anatomy references out of it

funches said:
As for my people communication skills…its call the slap of reality technique

And reality couldn’t get anymore clearer than the question asked of ZenSteve, in which he started back-peddling and chewing biscuits…why?... because he now know what I’m talking about, it’s no venue that he could have placed his movie in, so therefore he couldn’t answer that question, if I’m wrong about this then answer the question

I think we all just felt the slap of reality. The reality that funches makes no sense.

funches said:
it’s my project, but it’s everyone’s problem

Exactly.

I make no sense?...I make so perfert sense that someone used my idea for a discussion to create another venue for independent movies that they started their own rip off thread and spatula you didn't complain that it didn't make sense when you used the thread and the concept to promote your movie..but now you are suffering from short term memory loss...maybe your next movie should be name (HYPOCRITE 3000) the main purpose is to get the discussion started..if it takes someone to make a rip off thread then so be it..either way I have suceeded...so for those that can't grasp the concept of what the discussion is about...just ask spinner

Funches...you did not invent the idea of reciprocal advertisement, you did not invent the idea of 'underdogs' collaborating to further a cause (that methodology has been applied across all mediums and schools of thought), and I didn't invent the wheel.

Okay, lay it out for us...say I had some money to invest in 'your' idea, convince me you've got a project (other than a collection of fables), a business plan (other than 'it will ensure my place in the industry' and 'provide hundreds of jobs' ), and collaborators (other than "I'm looking for the best'). I'm all ears.

hey Bird, how you doing?...I know I didn't invent those things..but the other thread itself explained that it was a rip off of this thread..so now are you going to pyscho- babble to them about it?...probably not

and I see that you are still steaming about the earlier posts...er..all that has been explained so can you at least move up to page 8 on this thread

but Bird surely you have made an Independent movie..how did you promote your movie? I'm interested in hearing some of the ways and resources that you use or intend to use to get your movie to the public...er..ZenSteve won't tell anyone how he intend to...will you?

this information will be usefull in putting some type of system together to help create a venue

I believe the contentiousness of, we, posters is hotter than the subject matter. There is nothing new about his proposal (Bauhaus, anyone?) What would , truly, be new and revolutionary is for such a mass group to, successfully, put such a concept in motion. Bottom line, there has to be something tangible ( and of value) to exchange for those masses of people to commit to this idea. What is it? A 'promise' of a radical new venue isn't good enough to motivate the masses, especially when there is absolutely no proposal for the project genesis (if we are to believe that Funches didn't really mean his 'Chamber' project).

funches said:
ZenSteve won't tell anyone how he intend to

It's because I have no intention of, nor desire to. :rolleyes:

funches said:
how could we get a ZenSteve movie to the silver screen …oh heck let’s make it easier..how to get a ZenSteve Movie to the television screen, what resources could be used or combined to accomplish this?

ZenSteve could be the Independent Filmmaker’s poster child…the favorite son…or for those that are against the idea of creating another venue and choose to worship the Hollywood Gods. then let’s find a way to send a ZenSteve movie to Hollywood so he can open up the flood gates.

The only people who should have an unhealthy gravitation towards me should be attractive, single women.
smiley_creepy.gif

but Bird surely you have made an Independent movie..how did you promote your movie? I'm interested in hearing some of the ways and resources that you use or intend to use to get your movie to the public...

Oh, I'll be happy to oblige with a response, and not because I'm trying to appease you, but because i am somewhat the braggard, and well, I'm into self-gratification. First, if you'd bother to actually peruse OTHER threads you may discover people on this board have various projects. You would then discover that i've just completed my first live action script called 'Woman With A Camera'. I am in the midst of a hand-drawn, feature-length cel animation entitled, 'Marilyn (x9) Was My Mother' (45 min drawn, 30 usuable). You'll be happy to know that I submitted it as a work-in-progress and it was good enough to get me some money to continue. IF you had read OTHER PEOPLE's threads, you would also know that I'm a greenhorn with anything digital and c related, but i am in the process of learning HTML so I can write my own code for my future website. I plan to use the unusual circumstance of my project, (fll length hand drawn by a single person) to promote my work, I will continue to enter fine arts grants and fellowships programs as well as festivals, and sell DVD's through my site.

Two monks were washing their bowls in the river when they noticed a scorpion that was drowning. One monk immediately scooped it up and set it upon the bank. In the process he was stung. He went back to washing his bowl and again the scorpion fell in. The monk saved the scorpion and was again stung.

The other monk asked him, "Friend, why do you continue to save the scorpion when you know it's nature is to sting?"

"Because," the monk replied, "to save it is my nature."

hey ZenSteve, your movie sounds pretty cool with the monks and stuff... one of the monks reminds me of Caine on the tv-series (Kung-Fu) I guess he was into pain and stuff with the scorpion sting like on the Movie (Hellraiser)

Back