It's The End Of The World!!!

I just lost our best all round actress to another production because of a scheduling conflict. My releases and agreements just can't get made up fast enough.

This really really is bad news. No one else in our backups even come close to her. What the point of taking this to NATPE without top talent to make it something?

I'm ready to give up!

Come on man don't think like that. Just try and find the best out of your backups and work with her too make her better.

All hope is not lost. Just keep going.

It's unjust, but put it in perspective, this is just an obstacle you have to overcome. It's certainly not the end of the world.

This is where your mettle is tested. Can you make this work?

If you really want to get this made not only will you do just that but you'll do everything you can to make it work as well as possible.

Shit happens, it's a real shame especially as she was so good but this definitely shouldn't be the downfall of the entire project. No one actor should wield that sort of power over an entire production. You've got to make sure that you get over this speedbump with suspension intact!

Sorry to hear that.

This back up plan of casting several actors for each role in case
someone drops out (which I still don't quite understand) doesn't
seem to work too well. My method is to cast the very best person
for the role and if you have to rearrange your schedule for theirs
then rearrange it. Then end product is what's most important.

wtf that sounds sus. She had agreed to do your movie and I think she's just backing out.

What is this actress's name? I know some people.

I'm sorry to hear this bad news. News like this can be demoralizing.

But if I were Alfred, and you were Bruce Wayne, I would ask you, "Why do we fall down"? And you would answer...

lol ray,

I just don't like flakes - that's all. Keeping your word is important in this industry, and it's a small industry. People know people.

@Cracker: I would answer:

"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHA #*&^$@#~!!!!!!"

Sorry to hear that.

This back up plan of casting several actors for each role in case
someone drops out (which I still don't quite understand) doesn't
seem to work too well. My method is to cast the very best person
for the role and if you have to rearrange your schedule for theirs
then rearrange it. Then end product is what's most important.

I do the best I can. But, it is impossible for a small production to get a whole cast of top tier skill in acting, stunts, and experience. She had it all. I've had to settle for good acting with some stunts skills. The all-in-one-wonders are even hard for Hollywood to get. That's why they use so many stunt doubles.

l"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHA #*&^$@#~!!!!!!"
LMAO!

How about "Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin'
motherfucker, motherfucker
! Every time my fingers touch [camera], I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone! IN FACT, WHAT THE
FUCK
AM I DOIN' [CALLING YOU] BACK? YOU'RE THE
MOTHERFUCKER
WHO SHOULD BE ON [CASTING COUCH] DETAIL! We're
fuckin'
switchin'! I'm [shootin'] the camera, and you're pickin' up [your acting skill]!"

Or something like that.

But if I were Alfred, and you were Bruce Wayne, I would ask you, "Why do we fall down"? And you would answer...

Wow I'm an idiot! When I read Alfred I thought of Alfred Hitchcock, and when I read Bruce Wayne for some reason I thought of bruce campbell. Confusing!

wtf that sounds sus. She had agreed to do your movie and I think she's just backing out.

What is this actress's name? I know some people.

I'll send you a PM. No need to make it too public.

Yes, she agreed. I gave her the whole script to read and she liked it a month ago and said back then she could work with our schedule.

The only reason I fall down is so that I can convince the humans that I'm mortal long enough to gain their trust and destroy them...

Oh, would someone just finish the dang "Batman Begins" quote?! So we can get back up! For crying out loud. :)

Modern Day, if I can quote another Batman movie, remember that the night sky is most dark before the sun rises.

Dude, good things can come from bad places. I actually did give up. I had told myself I was completely done with filmmaking, and I meant it. There were too many frustrations. But then, oddly enough, in that low moment, my survival-instincts kicked in, and I defiantly proclaimed to myself, I am going to make a feature film!

These low-moments are obviously no fun. But it's not the end, it's just the beginning.

Oh, would someone just finish the dang "Batman Begins" quote?! So we can get back up! For crying out loud. :)

Modern Day, if I can quote another Batman movie, remember that the night sky is most dark before the sun rises.

Dude, good things can come from bad places. I actually did give up. I had told myself I was completely done with filmmaking, and I meant it. There were too many frustrations. But then, oddly enough, in that low moment, my survival-instincts kicked in, and I defiantly proclaimed to myself, I am going to make a feature film!

These low-moments are obviously no fun. But it's not the end, it's just the beginning.

You may as well quote Green Lantern, "In brightest day and darkest night, let all those who worship evil's might beware my power, Green Lantern's Light."

I just got a backup to replace her. But, none of the other actresses are at her level in stunts for cyborg roles. Only, our Artemis actress is at that level.

Last edited:
Back