• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Is this a bad software?(Big issue)

I'm using a screenwriting software called ScriptMaker and wrote some scripts with it. I posted them on a website where people review them. One frequent complaint the persons that review my screenplays make is about the formatting. They say it's incorrect. However, the real issue is that they say some screenplays are far shorter than they should. This means that when I thought I had 95 pages, they say I only have about 40-50! If this is true about all my screenplays so far, this means I didn't finish any of them! This is a terrible situation for me. What should I do? Could I keep these scripts formatted as they are, with their original length(90-97), or change them into another format(new software), but lose many pages in the process? Or are these reviewers wrong about what they said, since this IS a screenwriting software after all? Thanks for helping me!

Why don't you download a real script and put it into microsoft word, see how many characters it is. Then take your script and do the same thing.

If the real script is roughly twice the length, you have your answer.
/blah for having to explain

Maybe they are discounting all the pages that are filled with action-related fluff? (extract attached)

A brief scroll through the rest of the script has much more of the same. You could easily scratch half the script, if you got rid of that extraneous stuff.

Attachments

• victortiti89 writing sample.jpg
    victortiti89 writing sample.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 86
Your format is incorrect. You overuse Walter Hill’s “action stacking”. That
makes your page count seen high when you actually have a MUCH shorter
script.

And it's a difficult read because your format is so unconventional.

I can see the problem. I had just bought Magic movie screenwriter 6. It is really good or Final Draft is among the tops in script formatting. if you pages look like that one. I can tell you are getting haft your pages. I love my new software. It has index cards and you can outline your work as well.

Back