• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Is the Sony 77 a good camera?

Has anyone had any experience filming with a Sony A77? Does anyone know if this camera is a good mid level budget camera? I know for still photos, this camera offers a wide range of possibilities including 24.3 megapixels(6000x4000). Sounds like a good camera to get started with. Any thoughts:huh:

Has anyone had any experience filming with a Sony A77? Does anyone know if this camera is a good mid level budget camera? I know for still photos, this camera offers a wide range of possibilities including 24.3 megapixels(6000x4000). Sounds like a good camera to get started with. Any thoughts:huh:

If it's a camera that inspires you to go out and get unusual, compelling shots, it's a great camera. The education is in the doing and not the purchasing. Make it your camera and it will pay you back...promise.

I love Nikon. Its hard to part with Nikon since I already own a few lenses and accessories knowing that if I buy a Sony I will have to start all over, and like everybody knows, its expensive. Nikons are great cameras, but after reading about the Sony, i feel that it has a lot more to offer. I have shot 3 films of houses with a Nikon D7000 and though they turned out good, i still didnt feel that I got what I was expecting or getting the look I was wanting to achieve. That is why I am asking about a sony, i have never owned a sony product of any kind. The sony will cost about the same as the Nikon D7000 which i just purchased in March so i didnt want to run off and spend another $4k if the sony was going to give the same results.

Back