• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Inverting Video Images With Vegas Pro

I'm looking to make a mirror image inverted of action footage. Vegas Pro has a mirror tool for special effects. But, it creates two images, one in either inversion.

Anyone know of another way to just invert the image to make it like looking in a mirror with only what should be in the mirror showing?

If I remember correctly from my vegas days(using premier pro nowadays). So all you have to do is to use the tool to move the image. Pan and something I believe it's called and if you drag the size of the image in the corners if you carry on making it smaller it will start to increase again but mirrored since it "fliped".
But i might be making a fool out of myself here which probably is the case but try it at least!

Go to your pan/crop editor. There should be an option on the left to rotate or flip vertical and horizontal. I use it when I have upside down footage from my 35mm adapter. It's very easy and should totally work for horizontal flips.

Back