• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Inventory < A New Short!

The fact that you shot that in 45 minutes is incredible. It looks great, cool narrative going. You just got yourself another subscriber. I have some questions about your movies in general:

1.) What camera did you use (I'm assuming a dslr, the 5dMII or the 7D?)

2.) What lens(es) did you use?

3.) What's your workflow (Compress-prores?)

4.) What editing program(s) do you use (FCP/AVID/MB/AFTEREFFECTS?)

5.) What kind of sound did you use? Zoomh4n?

Great job!

Last edited:
1.) What camera did you use (I'm assuming a dslr, the 5dMII or the 7D?)
Yup 7D.

2.) What lens(es) did you use?
24-105mm f4L

3.) What's your workflow (Compress-prores?)
I use Mpeg streamclip to convert them to the XD Cam .mov format.

4.) What editing program(s) do you use (FCP/AVID/MB/AFTEREFFECTS?)
Adobe Premiere Pro 4.0

5.) What kind of sound did you use? Zoomh4n?
Yup, Zoom and Audio Techina AT 815 i believe is the model number.

All info is on my channel btw...
http://www.youtube.com/fcrabbath

I'm really impressed with your FC. Your camera work is great, your actors are never bad, you got sound and some suspenseful sound tracks.

I'm jealous.

Hey guys! If you like this video could you help us spread it (facebook/twitter etc.) as we try to get more viewers to finally get started on a feature film! thanks so much indietalk!

I liked it... I thought the music was a little over the top but it was well shot and the actors were good, this is rare in a short...

I dig your color grading. That warm fuzzy tone. I noticed you've done very similar grading on other shorts.

What app do you use for that?

I gotta say you did a great job with this. Totally pulled me into the suspense, great acting, nice camera work.

Only one thing, and it seems like I am alone in this: I don't get it. Who was that guy? Was he magical or a murderer?

I gotta say you did a great job with this. Totally pulled me into the suspense, great acting, nice camera work.

Only one thing, and it seems like I am alone in this: I don't get it. Who was that guy? Was he magical or a murderer?

He was just a normal bum collecting more inventory from women who had jewelry he liked.

thanks for watching guys!

He was just a normal bum collecting more inventory from women who had jewelry he liked.

thanks for watching guys!

Ok so she just gave him her jewelry but he didn't hurt her? Or did she not give him the jewelry? How did he already have the one identical bracelet? I still get the feeling he's magical or something, like it's a twilight zone short....

I dig it's a simply short and maybe you didn't write all that much for it, but I'd still love some answers if you got 'em :)

without knowing this was made in 45 min, i still would call it amazing. i don't come across very many shorts that i really enjoy but this is one of them.

the only thing that wasnt completely up to par was the dialogue, which is expected in such a short term project.

I didnt feel that it was necessary to reiterate facts that had already been stated. instead of doing the flash back- after she says 'that's not my bracelet' he says 'i know', at that point you could have just had him punch her in the face and steal her jewelry then walk away and set up his inventory. idk if you dont like showing violence or if it was a practical thing, showing the robbing from a wide shot would help make it more believable.

anyway, great job! i'd like to see som future work.

and if i may give an answer of my own to dreadylocks- i think it is apparent that he ended up with her jewelry. when he's laying it down they used the same sound clips of him saying 'what a lovely bracelet, what a lovely earing' i think whether or not he hurt her is up to your imagination. i dont think he implied anything that says he did, but i'd like to think so :) also its not very unlikely that he would have already had a bracelet like hers, she probably got it from a department store or something.

I've got to disagree with kgasser, showing the money shot would have tipped the balance, the suspense was based on what we don't know, whether this guy is an aggressive or indeed capable of any degree of malice for example.

I'm all up for a good ole Park Chan-Wook beat down, but it walked a tight rope, and it did a damn good job of staying there.

You so such a great job with all your shorts,
Although I have to admit I was sort of confused
for a bit at the end as well. Then I got it. It was
very well made, I would definitely love to see
more.

Back